PDA

View Full Version : The Barry Bunch day 6, 9/27/11

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
9/27/11
Cast:
Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
We got up and started to get ready for Hollywood Studios. It was a beautiful walk to get there. We were there not much after 9am. I went over to Toy Story and got in line for the fast passes. The line went pretty quick. The girls wanted to try Tower of Terror. They love the Haunted Mansion, and we told them if they wanted to, it was fine, but if they decide right before they change their minds, that would be fine too. They rode with Shaun first and LOVED it, then got right back on with me. Sammy just kept repeating “I know it is all fake!” After that we rode Star Tours, parent switching, Sometime during the morning Josh fell asleep. We had lunch ressies for Sci Fi. Josh was asleep in the double jogger stroller. They were great at sci- fi and found us a “car” that was out of the way and that we could bring the stroller in with us. We enjoyed our milkshakes and burgers and silly movies (I think some are new since we were last there in 9/09) For the rest of the afternoon, we finally got on Toy Story, and we took turns on Rock n Roller coaster (I forgot how the over the shoulder harnesses always box me in the ears and had a bad headache after. ) Shaun took Sam back to Star Tours while Josh and Alex and I saw the Disney Junior show. Alex had not asked for much during the trip and fell in love with a stuffed Figaro the cat, so Mommy got it for her. We did some more rides, and then Alex and Shaun wanted to go back on tower of Terror. Sam didn’t want to, and came with me and Josh to the American Idol finale, which was fun. We were in the front row. I would like to publicly thank my son for not screaming during the performances! At the end of the night we trekked it up to Fantasmic. Alex begged for popcorn but I didn’t want to stop so I promised her popcorn for the last ngiht during WISHES. It was hot and stuffy. I hadn’t seen it since our honeymoon. It was ok, but by now the kids were tired, Josh was a crank, and so was Shaun. We pushed the strollers home. Once back we all went swimming and that was GREAT! Introduced the girls to the hot tub and they quickly fell in love with it.

Joannelet
10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Ah, night swimming! It is the best! Great report!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
The kids are brave ... I still haven't tried Tower of Terror.

Isn't the hottub the best at the end of a long day?

faline
10-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Your kids are certainly troopers! Those are really long days!

pdrlkr
10-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
OMGosh... My girls (6 and 4) are in love with the hot tub. First time in a hot tub was our AKL kidani trip last October. That's all they are talking about for our upcoming trip!

yjgirl32
10-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the report