PDA

View Full Version : The Barry Bunch Day 4 9/25/11

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
9/25/11
Cast:
Me, Trish, 38 (the planner)
DH, Shaun, 39 (goes along with the flow because it is easier than arguing with me)
DD1, Sammy, 7 (Princessy and dreamy, loves when the princesses kiss their prince… also rather energetic)
DD2, Alex, almost 5 (amazing comedic timing, silly and snuggly, however if there was 1 kid who was going to trip and fall, it is Alex)
DS1, Josh, 15 months, (aka Mr. Destructo, by the end of vacation we all called him Stitch, because he can get into that much trouble that fast!)
It was either this morning or the next morning that we woke up and I had to do some laundry. So after some searching I found the laundry and threw in a few loads. I had left my extra Purell Sheets on top of the washing machine and headed out to get some coffee at the Bakery while the wash did it’s thing. As I was leaving some other woman was coming in to get her stuff. When I came back to move the stuff from washer to dryer, the extra washer sheets were gone. All well. Hope it made her happy. I threw the other stuff in the dryer and headed upstairs to get the kids ready. It was about this time that Josh learned how to take off his own diaper, and was having fun chasing the girls in the room while pulling off the diaper until he was buck naked. After they were dressed and clothes out of the dryer we were off
Animal Kingdom. I love this park, but I can’t find anything in it. I find it very confusing. We did a few rides, saw Festival of the Lion King, went on a great safari where an ostrich was in reaching distance from Alex. We saw the lion, elephants, giraffes, rhinos and hippos. It rained about 30 minutes in the afternoon. The girls wanted to try Dinosaur. We weren’t too sure, and thought it might be too scary. But they tried. They LOVED IT. In fact they rode it two times in a row without getting off with Shaun, and then got right back in with me. The girls had been eyeing the stuffed animals that come in the baby blankets. During our last trip in 2009, Alex got a stuffed Simba which she had always called “Big Roar” She asked for the baby Simba, which she promptly renamed “Little Roar/Tiny Roar” Sammy chose a “Marie” in a baby blanket.
That night we went to Sanaa at Kadani Animal kingdom lodge. There were giraffes and zebra right outside the window and the girls loved that. We had the bread service which was yummy, Shaun had the scallops appetizer which was out of this world. For the meal I had the braised short ribs and shrimp in green curry sauce. Shaun had the tandori chicken. All was really good! Sorry to the waiter though, Josh was eating off our plates, and decided it was more fun to watch the food as he threw it on the ground. After dinner we took the bus to EPCOT and walked back to the Boardwalk again. We all went swimming that night for a while, and then fell into bed. Again some talking in her sleep from Alex, which is just getting funny.

Joannelet
10-03-2011, 10:59 PM
So glad you had a yummy dinner at AKL. Love it there! I wrote too soon about my son taking off things on purpose! I see your son now does it too! Lol.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Dinner does sound great, and a good day at AK. We discovered, while on vacation that our DD also talks in her sleep ... I guess we just can't hear her do it at home :thumbsup:

faline
10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Another nice day!

I don't think I've every read another trip report in which someone wasn't able to have a view of the animals while dining a Sanaa. Am I the only person ever who was seated where the animals can't be seen??!

pdrlkr
10-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I love AK too! It always seems more congested around the hub there....

Sanaa is awesome. We love it and LOVE our Savannah view room at AKL Kidani!

yjgirl32
10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
My DS loved those stuffed animals.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the report, don't know why some people can steal so easily.