PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked... :-) Some questions..

tmz814
10-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Just booked my stay for Jersey Week. :-)

I usually stay at the Dolphin, but will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time due to a good rate. I also will be using Magical Express for the first time.

Is there anything I need to know about Magical Express?? Any advice??? Also, anything I should know about Coronado Springs???

I'm very excited to get back to the world!!! :mickey:

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 02:37 PM
No experience with Coronado Springs. But I have used Magical Express!
I would recommend packing things that you'll want right away at your resort in your carry-on. For instance, if you're flying in the evening, you might want your pyjamas, toothbrush, etc. (especially if you have kids with you). In our experience your luggage sometimes isn't delivered for up to 3 hours (or in our case, closer to 4 hours) later, and our kids were ready for bed but had no jammies.
Or, if you're flying during the day and think you might want to use the pool have your bathing suits in your carry-on. Stuff like that.
Also, from the time your plane lands to the time you actually check in at your resort can be up to 1.5 hours (taking in to account travel time, waiting for your particular Magical Express bus to come to the airport, etc.) so don't make any ADR's that evening too early that you'll be rushed to get there on time.

Have a great trip!

Hog
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I recommend not using the yellow Magical Express luggage tags and just taking the extra 20-30 minutes and wait for your bags at baggage claim, then you don't have to wait 3 hours for them to be delievered to your room.

Our last trip we did this and by the time we got off the plane, stopped to use the restroom and get a drink, we waited 5 minutes at baggage claim for our bags. I just don't understand why everyone is so willing to wait 3 hours for bags.

faline
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Make sure you register for Magical Express - that's a different registration than booking your trip.

Coronado Springs is a lovely resort - one of my favorite moderates. It is a bit spread out but even the walk from Rancheros to the main building isn't bad and the grounds are lovely. To be honest, though, I prefer staying in the Casitas section is very close to the main building though this area is further away from the main pool area.

I'm not a big fan of the setup at Pepper Market so, therefore, we only ate in this location once or twice. There are different food stations and you need to go to different areas to get what you want.

luvDaMouse
10-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't mind waiting for our luggage I liked not having to deal with baggage claim and lugging it through the airport. :blush:

They only give you ONE tag per person (they used to give you two) if you need more you just have to tell them that when booking ME.

Dana:mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
10-03-2011, 01:40 AM
What is jersey week? I'm nosy!!

WDWCrazyKaren
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
We used to be those people who never went without renting a car. Now, I don't see the need anymore! We've been perfectly content with Magical Express. We've done it both ways - getting our luggage ourselves and dragging it with us on the bus, and also having it delivered. We will always have it delivered from now on! We do travel in the off season, and the flight we always take arrives at 11AM, and we do go to the parks on arrival day, so it's no big deal if our luggage doesn't get there right away. We just make sure we have a proper change of clothes in our carry on, and if the room isn't ready, just change quick and check our carry on's at the resort. We have NEVER had it taken any longer than an hour to get from the airport to the resort, but as I said, it's off season, so that may be the reason. You will have tons of fun anyway! Enjoy!

faline
10-03-2011, 09:16 AM
What is jersey week? I'm nosy!!

There is a holiday in the US on the 11th of November which is Veterans' Day. Right around that time, the schools in the state of New Jersey typically shut down for another couple of days for teachers' conferences thus providing an extended break for school kids in New Jersey. If parents tack on 1-2 more missed days of school, they often take advantage of this period of time to schedule a Disney vacation. Thus, this time has come to be known as Jersey week since so many of those going to Disney World at this time are from New Jersey.

tinksmom02
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
There is a holiday in the US on the 11th of November which is Veterans' Day. Right around that time, the schools in the state of New Jersey typically shut down for another couple of days for teachers' conferences thus providing an extended break for school kids in New Jersey. If parents tack on 1-2 more missed days of school, they often take advantage of this period of time to schedule a Disney vacation. Thus, this time has come to be known as Jersey week since so many of those going to Disney World at this time are from New Jersey.

Yup, that's why we're going at that time this year--DD will only miss 3 days of school instead of 5. And I only have to use 4 vacay days instead of 5, because my work is closed on Election Day. ;)