PDA

View Full Version : advise needed

MDcar1
10-01-2011, 01:56 PM
We'll be vacationing from 3/30-4/6/2012 (I know, crowed time, but it's the only time everyone could get off at the same time) and will start our making our reservations on Monday. Some of the things we're thinking of doing, but are not really sure about. So I'm looking for feedback on the following;

Keys to the Kingdom tour- is it worth it?

The carriage ride @ fort wilderness-is that worth the price, also does this require advanced reservations or is it a walk up thing.

Any feedback would be great
Mindy

faline
10-01-2011, 03:30 PM
We greatly enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour and certainly feel it was worth our time. There is a minimum age requirement for participation so be sure everyone in your party meets that.

We've done a couple of carriage rides at Fort Wilderness - the first was with my daughter and her husband. The last time it was just my husband and myself. We enjoyed both of them. While you might sometimes find a horse and carriage available on the spot, I'd suggest reserving in advance.

tundramom
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
We haven't done the tour but would like to once it's just the two of us:cloud9:. The carriage ride has to be reserved. As to worth it....we did the "sleigh" version one Dec as a special surprise for DD (10) and niece (8) who had never been anywhere (literally, never in a hotel before). It was a nice ride, but lacked on scenery IMHO, you basically ride through the pine woods and back. I think at the time it was about $130 for the 4 of us for about a 30 minute ride. I don't think I would do it again, there are other things that are more magical at WDW.