PDA

View Full Version : Paying for checked bags for Delta flights

ASweetLov
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Not sure if anyone would know. In 09 when I went to disney, before checking my bag in Pop for our flight back home I had to call delta and pay for my bag. Now my fiance and I were sharing luggage so I didnt have to worry. In April I will be going to Pop with a few friends for a week and each of us will check a bag. The airline reservations will be on my name, as in I will pay with my credit card. Now before we check our bags at Pop to come back home will each of us have to call Delta to pay for our checked bag or can I make the payment over the phone for all of our bags?:confused:

Capt_redshirt
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
If you both are on the same itinerary you can pay for both bags.

floridamom
10-01-2011, 12:36 PM
We flew Delta this summer and I paid the checked bag fees for all 4 people on our reservation online prior to our trip. It was a couple dollars cheaper per bag than paying for it at the airport.

As far as paying by phone, I know that Dellta now charges an additional fee for booking tickets by phone; not sure if that affects paying baggage fees by phone as well ...

ASweetLov
10-01-2011, 05:02 PM

WDWCrazyKaren
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Be careful however with Delta and their bag fees! Delta's checked bag fee last January was $25 per checked bag. We pre-paid for our flight down before we left, and were able to get a discount of $20 per checked bag. Then, the day before we left for home, I just used my android and paid online while riding a bus to DHS (how handy are these phones??). However, I found after we got home that they charged me $32 to check my bag for the flight home! What happened to the $25 fee, or the $20 fee for pre-paying??? I never got a response from Delta when I questioned them, and I just let it go, but I should have stayed on them to find out why!

brivers222
10-03-2011, 01:45 PM
apply for the AMEX Delta sky miles card... you get your first bag free for up to 7 people on your reservation. Then you can cancel your card when you get back from your trip.

we did this and were going to cancel but decided on going on a cruise to Hawai'i next year so we are keeping the card and getting a discount on the flights with the points we rack up.

but really, the card is great especially if you have a large group going on your reservation.