PDA

View Full Version : Our pieced-together F&W stay--finally success!

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
10-01-2011, 09:40 AM
We had originally book a 5 day stay in November during the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival and were going to stay at our home resort, the AKV Kidani in a 2 bedroom during that time. Due to some factors that we weren't aware of at the time of booking, that weekend no longer works for us. Three weeks ago we cancelled those reservations and tried to re-book for the week prior to Halloween. Needless to say...there wasn't much available in terms of DVC rooms to book. Couple that with the fact that we are a family of 4, but splitting our stay into different lengths (I'm going from Monday to Sunday, DS from Monday to Saturday, DD from Wednesday to Sunday and DH from Wednesday to Saturday) and we had a big mess on our hands! With much persistence, help from the nice folks on the DVC member phone line and a little luck we have places to stay now each night! Of the 6 nights that we are staying total, we have to move 5 of those nights, but we are just happy that we could use our points to get rooms. It looks like this: M-T nights a studio at the BCV (yay...walking distance to EPCOT!) Wednesday night is a 2BR Savannah view at AKV Kidani, Thursday night (which was the last one we were able to book just 2 days ago) we scored a treehouse villa at SSR, which we are very excited about since we've never stayed in one! Friday night we go back to AKV Kidani in a 2BR savannah view and on Saturday night DD and I will be in a studio at AKV Kidani. We are on a waitlist for the 2BR savannah view room for Thursday night which would allow us to stay in the same room for 3 nights in a row, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. So, I guess the moral of my story is that if you are willing to move around and persistent in your efforts, you can probably get something booked for your vacation even during a pretty busy week like that before Halloween (Food and Wine plus multiple MNSSHP nights).

One little question: we've never moved rooms before on our DVC stays. If we leave luggage in the room and contact bell services, do I understand that they will move it for us over to the new resort so we won't have to take it over ourselves? Thanks for any information! :thumbsup:

Janmac
10-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Wow, what a thing to keep track of! I'm in awe of your persistance. :notworth: My sister has been watching RCI for only a couple of months now, waiting for availability at either VWL or BLT for a 2 bedroom for around 14 - 21 April. It's been difficult to keep positive, as we wait and wait and wait. :(

If she's successful this will be the third time she's exchanged her timeshare points for a DVC villa. The other two times went very quickly and easily. Maybe we're just not remembering well but it seems Disney is releasing the villas differently? Or maybe just releasing to RCI differently. At the end of July and again at the end of September there were no villas listed. Since the second half of April is slower than either March or the first half of April, we're hoping something materializes.

Good luck with your remaining waitlist. Unfortunately I don't have info as to Bell Services moving your stuff for you but thank you for your post. It's given us renewed hope. :thumbsup:

Jan

fanofdisney
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Holy Cow is all I have to say! I am so happy you are able to put all these nights together. You will certainly get a taste of many resorts. I have done a split stay before and it was so easy. Much easier than I expected actually. We talked with bell services and made arrangements for them to come get our luggage they put tags on them to show which resort they would be going to and when we checked in they brought our luggage (and food items) to the room. It was very convenient. If you have any other questions let me know.
Maria

MinnieMommie
10-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Last October we were booked the week before Halloween at 3 resorts, We initially had a 2 bedroom at BLT but had to change our plans and we could not get all the nights at BLT. I think this is a very busy week.

We ended up with 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at AKL, 2 nights in a 1 bedroom at BC and then 2 nights in a studio at BLT. I really did not mind the changing at all and they make it so easy by transferring the luggage. You won't have to worry about that.

5 days prior to when you check in or even when you check in to your first resort you can talk with the resort front desk rather than DVC at this point to see if they have rooms for your entire stay. The resort will have inventory that DVC can not see and once you get close to your check in dates the resort will be able to release rooms that might be available, Hope this works for you.

One more thing: You can stay on the DCV wait list up to 7 days prior to your check in. :mickey:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
10-02-2011, 01:31 AM
5 days prior to when you check in or even when you check in to your first resort you can talk with the resort front desk rather than DVC at this point to see if they have rooms for your entire stay. The resort will have inventory that DVC can not see and once you get close to your check in dates the resort will be able to release rooms that might be available, Hope this works for you.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of this, but it sure would be worth a try!

MinnieMommie
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks! I hadn't thought of this, but it sure would be worth a try!

We had one trip that was a 10 night stay in a one bedroom with the first and last night at BWV and the other 8 nights in a 1 bedroom at BLT. We were wait listed and calling every day to get into BLT for the entire stay but without luck. As soon as we checked into BLT on the 2nd day we checked with the CR desk to see if they could get us the room for the last night. They told us they couldn't release the room that far out but to check back on a given day. When we did they gave us the room and we didn't even have t change rooms. We got to stay in the same 1 bedroom. If this does not work at your first resort you can try it each day you check in somewhere. I hope this will work for you. :mickey: