PDA

View Full Version : Definitive CD Collection of WDW Attraction Music

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Is there a definitive collection of CDs available for purchase that has music from Disney World attractions and shows? I am thinking something multi-disc.

If not, are there a few separate CDs out there that can be put together to fit the bill. I have been looking around on Amazon (using the link to the left:D) and it doesn't look promising.

I am looking to expose my 3.5 year old to music from dark/loud attractions (which is practically all of the kiddy rides and most shows) in an effort to make him more comfortable with them. I think having a connection to the music will help him with his fear of the dark attractions (he loves music and we sing "small world" regularly around my house).:sing:

Ian
09-30-2011, 07:00 PM
The only one I know about is this one (http://www.amazon.com/Musical-History-Disneyland-W-Book/dp/B000AA4MHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317423556&sr=8-1) from Disneyland, but it's out of print right now so unless you can dig one up on eBay you're probably out of luck on that one.

I don't know of any other box sets that have park music on them.

Strmchsr
09-30-2011, 07:40 PM
The 4 Parks 1 World 2 CD set is about as close as there is. It's the one I like the most for park music. I did see a box set ($60) last week that had multiple CDs included (Illuminations, Wishes, and 4 others).

DizneyRox
09-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Nothing commercially available.. There's some activity in the fan community around a 40th Anniversary set (AK has 5 disks alone) thats showing a lot of promise...

Main Street Jim
09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
YouTube :)

I have found over 300 MK attraction music and BGM videos and audio, over 200 EPCOT, and almost 100 from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom :)

Not only will you get the music/audio, but you can "experience" those dark rides and shows with your little one right at home before going to the parks. :thumbsup:

DisneyMom12
09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
The 4 Parks 1 World 2 CD set is about as close as there is. It's the one I like the most for park music. I did see a box set ($60) last week that had multiple CDs included (Illuminations, Wishes, and 4 others).

I used this with my 4 and 1 year old, as well as youtube videos. It really did make things familiar.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
YouTube :)

I have found over 300 MK attraction music and BGM videos and audio, over 200 EPCOT, and almost 100 from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom :)

Not only will you get the music/audio, but you can "experience" those dark rides and shows with your little one right at home before going to the parks. :thumbsup:

YouTube stuff can't be download, right? Because if it could I would be in heaven!

My DS is too fascinated with the computer (while constantly finding new ways to tear it up) to watch YouTube very long so I was hoping to get CDs for when we travel in the car.

I have recently got VERY hooked on YouTube myself (but recently got no love when I posted this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=184972)). I have been looking at a good replacement for HV10N90's awesome collection of attraction music and just can't find it yet. I am looking to put stuff on an MP3 player for myself and YouTube is not good for that.

DisneyMom12
09-30-2011, 10:46 PM
YouTube stuff can't be download, right? Because if it could I would be in heaven!

My DS is too fascinated with the computer (while constantly finding new ways to tear it up) to watch YouTube very long so I was hoping to get CDs for when we travel in the car.

I have recently got VERY hooked on YouTube myself (but recently got no love when I posted this (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=184972)). I have been looking at a good replacement for HV10N90's awesome collection of attraction music and just can't find it yet. I am looking to put stuff on an MP3 player myself and YouTube is not good for that.

I downloaded with realplayer.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I downloaded with realplayer.

Oh my goodness I just turned pale. Can Realplayer (which I thought was extinct:blush:) download YouTube files and somehow get them into MP3 format ?!?!?!

Could it be...:party:

McLiberal8
09-30-2011, 11:52 PM
If you get Spotify (the new, best media player) and search 'Disney World' there are tons of albums that come up, and you can access all of them.

DizneyRox
10-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Personally, I wouldn't install RealPlayer on my machine to DL YouTube videos. There are a number of programs that do it without the bloat and problems caused by RealPlayer. In my book, RealPlayer isn't much different than any number of malware/spyware/virus programs that infect PCs on a daily basis.

So, yes, you can absolutely "download" youtube video/audio.

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 01:22 AM
My sister and I have downloaded HOURS upon hours of Disney ride audio from different torrent sites online. One is called MouseBits - google it. Some of it is live-recordings that people have done themselves but it's really high quality. Others are the actual studio recording soundtracks from attractions. I know my sister has filled a 16gig Ipod with all of her stuff - I don't have quite as much! haha

I also listen to several different Disney World soundtrack radio stations on Live 365... but I still love the personal collection I've put together myself!

Nothing quite as cool as driving around in my car listening to the full Horizons/Spaceship Earth/Haunted Mansion attraction in high quality, among other favorites! :D My kids (3 & 6) actually know the narrations of those rides by heart now because we listen to them so often! haha :D:mickey:

DizneyRox
10-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Rule #1 about Mousebits is, we don't talk about Mousebits...

Ian
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
YouTube stuff can't be download, right? Because if it could I would be in heaven!PM me. What you want to do can be done very easily in just a few steps.

DisneyMom12
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Personally, I wouldn't install RealPlayer on my machine to DL YouTube videos. There are a number of programs that do it without the bloat and problems caused by RealPlayer. In my book, RealPlayer isn't much different than any number of malware/spyware/virus programs that infect PCs on a daily basis.

So, yes, you can absolutely "download" youtube video/audio.

What do you recommend?

Main Street Jim
10-01-2011, 12:42 PM
As others have said, yes, you *can* download YouTube stuff - and extract just the audio from the videos. My wife and I have done this with quite a few of them - but it's been a while :blush: Can't remember what we were using right off-hand.

If I recall, you download the video using one program, then you can extract the audio using another (different) program). Just can't remember what they are right now...

DizneyRox
10-01-2011, 12:50 PM
What do you recommend?
Usually I get it from the source (of the music, not necessarily the actual source music) so I don't mess with youtube. What you typically get from youtube is a copy of a copy of a copy (lower quality).

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Rule #1 about Mousebits is, we don't talk about Mousebits...

Oh no! Don't beat me up! :scared: I'll be quiet now, I swear! :zipped:

:mickey:

CKDHaven
10-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Nothing to install. PM me for a link to the website. Or Google "listen to you tube".

Main Street Jim
10-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Usually I get it from the source (of the music, not necessarily the actual source music) so I don't mess with youtube. What you typically get from youtube is a copy of a copy of a copy (lower quality).Look up "MrThemeParkAudios" on YouTube. First-rate, source audio straight from...wherever he gets it from :)

Goofy4TheWorld
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Look up "MrThemeParkAudios" on YouTube. First-rate, source audio straight from...wherever he gets it from :)

Literally just stumbled across this user 45 seconds ago....checking it out now!

Keneva
10-01-2011, 09:55 PM
There is a free App called "Mouse World Radio" for iphones and other smart phones that plays Disney music 24/7. As the music plays there is a little banner that tells you what the song is and where in WDW it comes from. You might be able to play it on your computer from iTunes.com and figure out how to record it.:music::music:

Main Street Jim
10-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Sorcerer Radio plays on Live365.com; they have the separate player that lists all the songs and artists as well.

Buttercup
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
There is a free App called "Mouse World Radio" for iphones and other smart phones that plays Disney music 24/7. As the music plays there is a little banner that tells you what the song is and where in WDW it comes from. You might be able to play it on your computer from iTunes.com and figure out how to record it.:music::music:
They have several Mouse World Radio stations on Live 365 as well. I think the iPhone app is just re-broadcasting one of the stations online.:mickey: When you're on the Live 365 site, if the song you're listening to is available on iTunes you can just click a button and it takes you to where you can purchase it.

dmosher
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
If you don't mind paying (very cheaply) for the songs I knwo of a few places that allow you to legally purchase the music, prview it and download it andc they are very well organized. Drop me a message if you like.
D

johnO
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
im into this too. Ive built up quite a collection over the years from various methods. But alas, it seems you can never have too many WDW Audio tracks

Goofy4TheWorld
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for the tips. While I would love to just buy a CD collection to accomplish what I want nothing appears to exist.

I am going to poke around some of the suggestions above to just create my own MP3s from YouTube.

Thanks again!

teamblackwell
10-06-2011, 12:42 AM
My sister and I have downloaded HOURS upon hours of Disney ride audio from different torrent sites online. One is called MouseBits - google it. Some of it is live-recordings that people have done themselves but it's really high quality. Others are the actual studio recording soundtracks from attractions.

I just got on the Bits mentioned above, and I love it!
I had tried torrents before and couldn't figure out how to do it. The program they recommend is really very easy to use. I was reliant on Lime*** and frost*** for all of my downloading, but they have gone away now. I wish I had gotten on torrents years ago. I downloaded the area music for adventureland(12 tracks about 22mb) in about 5 minutes. That would have taken me all night on the Lime*** site.

WDWfanatic742
10-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Guys, take it easy with the external links. You are more than welcome to PM other members with links and whatever you want, but keep it off threads and posts.