PDA

View Full Version : Cars Land Opening date

CleveSJM
09-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Just wanted to start a topic on Cars Land and its opening date.

Any rumors? Soft open details? Crowd impact discussions?

I saw a poster that had an odometer with 06-2012 on it. They seem pretty confident with the "Summer of 2012 meaning June, not later."

Will you avoid the park(s) around this time due to the increased crowds? Or go and just stay away from Cars Land?

Disney4us2
09-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I will be there to check it out. Looking forward to it.:mickey:

2Epcot
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it is way too early for exact dates for soft openings to be announced. I've been at the parks on opening day for many attractions over the years, most recently Toy Story Midway Mania, and the new Star Tours. I believe the opening of Carsland will top both of those in crowds.

Some other sites do weekly tracking on the progress of Carsland with hundreds of photos posted every week. While you can't really know just based on photos, from a spectator point-of-view, and based on what has been posted on the Disney Blog, everything seems to be right on schedule for a June opening.

Even though I'm close to the park, I don't get over there so often, but I spend at least a couple of hours every week going through the detailed photos of the construction. Every week I am just more amazed at what WDI has done on the exterior, and can't wait to see inside the attractions.

Barring some really bad weather or other problems, I think a June opening will be met.
I certainly won't be avoiding Carsland. I'm usually able to get into the media openings of things like this, but I'll be just like anyone else looking forward to the first soft openings and Annual Pass previews when they are announced. Hopefully getting a jump on what will be a very crowded DCA next year.

2Epcot
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Following up on CleveSJM question, I'm hearing more things that sound like Buena Vista Street may push back the official opening of the new DCA. I'm still thinking Carland may have soft openings prior to the official grand opening of Buena Vista Street. However Buena Vista street looks to be a huge project that is going to take a while. Just comparing it to the new restaurant area that opened in DCA this summer and how long that took to finish.

gokatgo
10-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I have a (then) 5 year old Cars fanatic! We will try to be there on opening day!