PDA

View Full Version : confirmation numbers rumor!!

Joannelet
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Yesterday when I called to book some tours the cast member told me there is this rumor going around that everyone for dining etc. will need to have their dining confirmation number on them. She said they have been told some places have already started doing this. Great another thing for me to carry on me.

Mousemates
09-30-2011, 02:34 PM
This one would not really be all that big of a deal to us since we always bring a print out of them to the parks with us...they have actually come in handy a time or two in the past.

mdricks
09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I keep all on my cell phone anyway.

DVC2004
09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Ugh, great, another thing to do. This dining thing is getting ridiculous, now you make a reservation and can't trust Disney to keep correct info? I have to prove to you I made it? I'm sorry to be negative but things just keep changing for the worse over in dining.

I know alot of you are going to comment no big deal, etc. so I'll probably be in the minority. I just don't get why they can't make things easier for a change. Our table service meals have been getting less frequent and will probably continue to do so.

Tygger7
09-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess I'm the paranoid type anyway, but I always have my confirmation numbers with me. It's saved our tails more than once...biggest fiasco was at Whispering Canyon. Their entire reservation system crashed and a bunch of names got wiped out. They were finally able to retrieve our reservation with the confirmation number, so everything worked out. I print out little "cheat sheets" for each day that list park hours, EMH, when & where we're eating, and all the confirmation numbers. But I also take pictures of our Photopass cards and our KTTW cards, just in case they get lost. I like to be prepared for all emergencies whenever possible. :mickey:

CleveSJM
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Makes total sense. Stops the cheaters. You should have them anyway. If you don't, you can't prove you made it so don't whine if they lose it and tell you to walk.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
We always took ours with us anyways. For each day, we'd jot down the time of our ADR, along with the confirmation number on a piece of paper, and into DH's pocket it goes.

Not a big deal to me, and I guess it cuts down the people demanding to be let in since Disney "lost" the reservation they never made.

Strmchsr
09-30-2011, 03:33 PM
It's a rumor. And CM rumors often prove false or changed so no one needs to freak out. I did hear this rumor from a couple of CM friends (and took it with a grain of salt), but their statement was only requiring it if you have a pre-park opening ADR. Sometimes they check that now, sometimes they don't, and they were going to tighten up on that.

Like most others, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but the truth is, I've NEVER been asked for my confirmation number when dining. They always have it in their system. So, making you show your confirmation number is either 1.) false 2.) pre-park opening only or 3.) A way to check identity as so many people do not carry wallets and other id with them into the park. My suspicion would be 1 is most likely, with 2 being a possibility.

disneymom15
09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I have the dining app on my iphone. I just record the ressie number there along with our dining time.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I know alot of you are going to comment no big deal, etc. so I'll probably be in the minority. I just don't get why they can't make things easier for a change. Our table service meals have been getting less frequent and will probably continue to do so.

We might be in the minority, but you are not alone.

I don't actually think it matters though because there is NO way Disney is actually going to do this. Only crazy fanatics like all of us on Intercot carry their confirmations with them, and giving guests a hard time over something so unnecessary is counter to the Disney philosophys of keeping guests happy AND taking all of our money they can!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Makes total sense. Stops the cheaters. You should have them anyway. If you don't, you can't prove you made it so don't whine if they lose it and tell you to walk.

I have heard of all sorts of problems at The World, but people stealing ADRs has never been one of them.

Ian
09-30-2011, 04:02 PM
I have heard of all sorts of problems at The World, but people stealing ADRs has never been one of them.It's not stealing them, it's faking them. Because their reservation system has been (is?) less-than-reliable people would show up for their ADR and they wouldn't be in the system. They learned that, if they complained enough, they'd get a table anyway. Which means some of them were smart (diabolical?) enough to learn they could walk up pretty much anywhere, claim they had an ADR, and get in any time.

As usual, the sneaky, dishonest among us ruin it for those of us who play by the rules.

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2011, 05:48 PM
It's not stealing them, it's faking them. Because their reservation system has been (is?) less-than-reliable people would show up for their ADR and they wouldn't be in the system. They learned that, if they complained enough, they'd get a table anyway. Which means some of them were smart (diabolical?) enough to learn they could walk up pretty much anywhere, claim they had an ADR, and get in any time.

As usual, the sneaky, dishonest among us ruin it for those of us who play by the rules.
In the hospitality business it always seems that we have to deal with people who are trying to manipulate the system and get something they shouldn't. The amount of time some people must put into this.

And yes it is the few that force us to come up with procedures like this. I certainly could see Strmchr's idea of it coming into place for pre-opening reservations.

DVC2004
09-30-2011, 06:41 PM
You know but I have to say- and bearing in mind this is still a rumor- Disney is not great at enforcing their policies when it comes to dining. How many Signature restaurants and you get the speil on the dress code, and I have shown up dressed appropriately only to see another person come in in cutoff torn jean shorts, a tye-dye shirt and workboots so dirty they were literally flaking off dried mud on the floor. Yet this person was still seated. I don't know why they make these policies- like a person showing up and complaining enough faking an ADR- then not stick to it. Just don't have it in the first place! Some people dress however and now some people don't make ADRs but still get seated. :mad: Maybe they just out to go to a first come first served seating and be done with it.

TheDuckRocks
10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Being slightly OCD I have always traveled with all my ADR confirmation numbers with me. I also know that if for some bazaar reason I don't have them you can always get them printed out at your resort. Going back to my OCD issue I most always get mine printed on check-in just to "make sure".:blush:

Stu29573
10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I always make and print a trip itinerary with the numbers listed for each day. I keep it in the extra pocket in my cargo shorts...
Egad, I AM a nerd! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
10-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I have always carried mine, either on a little piece of paper that fit into my wallet, or now, on my iphone.

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Even though I've never needed them, I always have them with me on a single sheet of paper in my wallet to remind me of what times and where I made my ADR's 6 months prior. If I didn't have that, I'd always forget where and when our dinner reservations are!

Keeping them in the cell phone: that's a great idea and it's one less thing to carry around in my purse!

bouncer
10-01-2011, 05:37 PM
yes, the confirmation numbers are part of my spreadsheet which includes each park's hours & activites (fireworks, parades etc) for our length of stay. Count me as a DisNerd also. However, I may be using the phone app next time we are planning a trip...hopefully soon! :mickey:

crltkcagle
10-01-2011, 09:59 PM

My DH and I both keep them in our cell phones. I am always scared there will be a screw up so where and they won't have our reservations. Guess it pays to be a compulsive worrier! ;)

Butters
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I too have an app in my iPhone to store my confirm #'s, so not really a big deal.... that being said i do see how this can be an inconvinience for some people.

My idea would be for Disney to add your reservations to you KTW card, so they could just swipe your card to confirm your time. (This would also create another perk for guests who stay on property as they would not need to carry all of their info around)

brownie
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
You used to be able to ask for a printout of your advance dining reservations at check-in/guest services. Not sure if they'll still do this or not, but they could give you a list of your reservations when you check-in.

No matter what they do, there will always be someone who forgets or doesn't have their advance dining reservation number.

Joannelet
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
What is this dining phone app some of you have mentioned? That would make it easy. I used to carry my conf. Numbers with me bit I don't anymore. I guess I could send the emails to my hubby with the numbers on them as I don't have internet on my phone. I know I am like a dino when it comes to phone technology. Lol

tinklover
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Back in 2008 , I had made an appointment for my DD's to go to BBB in the castle and it was for a time before the parks were open. The CM who booked it, told me to have my Confirmation # with me So I could get in the park with no problems. I was never asked for it, we just got into the line that was letting in the breakfast people. Just wanted to add that the Confirmation # thing has been going on since back then as well.

ChipNDale79
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Ugh, great, another thing to do. This dining thing is getting ridiculous, now you make a reservation and can't trust Disney to keep correct info? I have to prove to you I made it? I'm sorry to be negative but things just keep changing for the worse over in dining.

When we went in March and had reservations at the new restaurant in Italy (cant remember the name right now) and there was a guy in front of us in line to check in that told the lady at the counter that he had made a reservation, she couldnt find it and he couldn't understand why they didnt have it on their books. Of course they put him on the list, as we were waiting for our table we over heard him talking to another couple and he said, "yeah we didnt have reservations, but we tell them we do, what are they going to do? Make a big deal out of it and tell us no?"

Well because of this jerk everyone who was in line behind him that had a reservation had their time pushed back a little bit.

I'm ok with requiring to have a confirmation number, we always have it anyways and honestly its pretty simple to save it in your phone. Hopefully it'll stop things like this from happening.

SteveL
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
What would be great is if they could catch, and eliminate, the numerous PS some people make for different restaurants for the same meal.
I've had instances where I was told there were no times available only to find numerous empty tables when I went there as a walk-up.

darthmacho
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
While I had my confirmation numbers ready on my iPod just in case, once again, this seems like a case of the dishonest few making life more difficult for the huge majority of honest people that just want to have their dinner at the time at which they made their reservation. Pretty sad really.

JPL
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I just put them in the Calendar on my phone now. I can pull them up any time I need so this is really no big deal at all since I always have my phone with me any way.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Me to :mickey:

Tink#64
10-10-2011, 12:35 AM
I guess I'm the paranoid type anyway, but I always have my confirmation numbers with me.

I print out little "cheat sheets" for each day that list park hours, EMH, when & where we're eating, and all the confirmation numbers. :mickey:

:ditto: I make an index card for each day! Extremely handy to have all pertinient info for the day at your fingertips! :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
10-10-2011, 01:34 PM
When I planned my last two Disney trips, I had sheets with the days, times and confirm numbers of all my ADRs. All this information was in my "Disney Folder." That folder was packed in my carry-on so I had it with my in Disney.

I make sure I have my confirm # plus any other pertinent information, including the name of the agent who spoke to me. This way there is no question as to what arrangements I made.

Honestly, I can't imagine a vacation as expansive as most Disney vacation are a person NOT having all their information with them.

Wolf
10-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Speaking from my trip this past weekend I cannot suggest this enough!!! We booked 3 sit down meals wayyyyy in advanced, like the day we booked the trip. I had the confirmation emails and everything, well I had a bit of downtime at work one day and typed us up an itenerary (cause I'm one of those crazy planner people) and happened to throw on the confirmation numbers. Well we flew in Friday and breakfast at Cape May on Saturday morning at 730am, we go to check in, boom, no reservations...I was about in tears because that was the only character meal I had thought to book. Well I showed the lady the itenerary and she saw I wasn't lying (I guess) and added us into the system. Fast forward to Sunday morning, Kona Cafe. Same thing. No ressie...I was mad this time, mainly because my Ohanna ressie was 3rd on this list of 2 for 2 distasters...So I showed my conf number and the hostess very begrudgingly added me, (Kona service was absolutely awful this time...but thats for a later rant) so after that I ran down to concierge and asked the girl to check if my Ohanna ressie had been eaten as well, well thank goodness it hadn't but the girl told me she saw our ressie we had made for Cape May so I don't know whats going on with their systems but all I can say it that if we wouldn't have had those numbers we would have been in deeep trouble on the food front..

Goofy4TheWorld
10-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Can someone explain to me why confirmation numbers matter in case of a missing reservation? If Disney's computer can't find your reservation by your name do they really find them by confirmation number (which was made in your name)?

DizneyRox
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I think its more to prove you are the right person.

I show up and claim I'm someone else and take their ADR. Ususally you can peek over the screen to point yourself out. Easy enough to point at someone else.

Buttercup
10-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Can someone explain to me why confirmation numbers matter in case of a missing reservation? If Disney's computer can't find your reservation by your name do they really find them by confirmation number (which was made in your name)?
It's not that having the confirmation number makes it easier for them to look it up on their computer. If you go and say "I'm Fred Smith, party of 4" and they say "Sorry we have no record of you", having a confirmation number in your hand is a lot more effective than standing there arguing about whether or not you've got a true reservation. It's pretty hard to fake a confirmation number so they'd be able to see that you do have one, with the proper letters & numbers that would be in a typical reservation.
They're probably more likely to take you seriously and get you seated quicker if you can actually prove you had a valid confirmation number and that it's indeed a computer glitch on their end of things.
Otherwise, it's just your word, and they'll probably take their time fitting you in.

Mousemates
10-14-2011, 01:21 AM

Or you could have the twilight zone experience we had once several years ago when there was another person at WDW from my hometown who shared my name (not middle, but first and last) and had some similar dining reservations...not sure how things got crossed up but they did ( i thought they were tracked by room reservation numbers) and the dining numbers were very useful to us in getting it straightened out.

Mousemates
10-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Brownie ---You used to be able to ask for a printout of your advance dining reservations at check-in/guest services. Not sure if they'll still do this or not, but they could give you a list of your reservations when you check-in.

yep...they still do...or you can have the concierge desk do the same thing for you at anytime during the trip

princessgirls
10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
It's not stealing them, it's faking them. Because their reservation system has been (is?) less-than-reliable people would show up for their ADR and they wouldn't be in the system. They learned that, if they complained enough, they'd get a table anyway. Which means some of them were smart (diabolical?) enough to learn they could walk up pretty much anywhere, claim they had an ADR, and get in any time.

Isn't that the truth!!!!!
Julie:mickey:

princessgirls
10-14-2011, 05:07 PM
It may be just a rumor, but a Disney crazed friend told me yesterday that All ADR's were going to require a credit card to hold them.

Haven't seen anything on here about that yet... Guess I'll just wait and see.

I personally don't have an issue with it, because I play by the rules and would cancel an ADR if I couldn't make it. With cellphones and all technology today at our fingertips, it's an easy thing to do.
Julie:mickey:

Melanie
10-14-2011, 05:14 PM
It may be just a rumor, but a Disney crazed friend told me yesterday that All ADR's were going to require a credit card to hold them.

Haven't seen anything on here about that yet... Guess I'll just wait and see.

Not a rumor. Read all about it here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=186381). :chef:

mickey_M_lvr
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I hate to be the one to say it....BUT...is it really that big of a deal to carry your confirmation numbers with you? I always carry ours. It helps me remember where we are booked and at what time and if there are problems I have the number so that the problem doesn't have to ruin our experience.

I think some people hate change, regardless if it is for the better. Some they blame DISNEY for messing up their dining because now they have to prove they made a ressie?!?! WOW! I guess I just think of it as extra insurance...I have what I need to make my trip magical. If that includes a confirmation number than so be it.

NOT A BIG DEAL!!!! :D

PirateLover
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Not a big deal to me. We always have our confirmation numbers. Even if you somehow manage to go with no bag, someone in your traveling party has to have a pocket. A folded up piece of paper that could save you some hassle isn't that big of a deal to me. And as some have said with the advent of smartphone technology you can just put them right into your phone. I'm not on board with some of the other recent changes, but this one is not bad IMHO.

brivers222
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I have an excel sheet with each days numbers and times and locations... before we go I take a picture of them and we are off! I always have them with me, because i am not one to trust people to hold reservations lol

like that Seinfeld episode... "you know how to TAKE reservations, you just don't know how to HOLD them!"

EeyoresBestFriend
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I have always carried them on me anyway.

Big place, lots of computers and human error . . . I just like to be safe. :)

lens300
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Try Tripit for the iphone great app and free. Just forward all your confirmation emails and it fills it in for you. I do all airline, hotel, car rental and dining ressies and it is great.

captain j
11-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Me too!