PDA

View Full Version : ADR's don't want to misuse the system

c&d
09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Here's a little background on our April 2012 trip. We will be staying at ASMo 1 night, VWL, 7 nights and then AKL club for 5 nights. I know that concierge will help you with ADR's during your stay so here's my question. I can start making ADR's for the trip in a couple of weeks, can I call concierge to help with all my ADR's or only those during our stay at AKL. I really don't want to misuse the system so I wanted to check to see if I can use them for our entire visit. It really makes no difference I just figure if I can do one (on line or concierge) for all my ADR's it would be easier.

Thanks.

brivers222
09-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Personally making Dining ADRs is the one planning item I refuse to let go of. I would rather rely on myself to ressies and the times wanted myself without having to trust someone else to act on my behalf.

I am sure conceirge will them them for you, but honestly, i would rather be able to tinker with the times myself.... no one else can anticipate what I would want to do if a certain ressie isn't available and actually there are too many scenarios in booking times and places to convey that to a third party. But that could be just me :)

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2011, 01:36 PM
We stay CL every trip. You are not giving up control at all by using them. They work on your instructions. If you haven't yet received your itinerary planning form from them you will shortly. Work out where you want ADRs and when you want. It's the same planning you have to do if you were going to call yourself.

When you send it in and they will do the rest of the work. Big bonus, not getting up a 6 am on your 180 day mark to try to best everyone else to the ADR. In all our years of staying in CL they have never failed us and the biggest variation from our preferred time ever was 15 minutes. Not a big deal. So yes, use them and sit back and relax and let them do the work they are supposed and a big part of what you are paying for.

Jared
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I completely agree with the above post. Why spend all those extra dollars to stay on the concierge level if you choose not to use the available services. Having someone to make your dining reservations is one of the real perks of concierge. Let them do their job, and you will almost definitely be rewarded for your trust.

VWL Mom
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I would let concierge do the club level reservations but would do the others myself. I'm thinking that since you're over the +10 they're going to have to be done separately anyway. If they file you by arriving date at AKL they may not get to your ressies until 180 before that and you will have missed the 180 on the earlier ones. Does that make sense?