PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century or All Star Music

M Riddle
09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Tell me what you like and do not like about these resorts. I am not sure which to choose. *Standard view is the only option available at both resorts.

McLiberal8
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
I have stayed at both.
I am partial to Pop, as it is the newer resort, and it is separate from the 'all-star' bus system.
I liked the theme at ASM, and the 3 Caballeros pool is fun.
I can't get tie dye cheesecake at ASM, so it's Pop for me !

WDWForever
09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Between the two, I'd suggest Pop Century since it's on a different bus system and that tourists in big groups usually flock to AS first.

darthmacho
09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Stayed ASMu in 2003, and loved the theming, the pool, and the cafeteria was decent.

Looking forward to trying Pop Century in 2012, which I'm hoping will be just as good, or better. I'm most looking forward to the Tie Dye Cheesecake! :mickey:

brownie
09-29-2011, 03:44 PM
The food court will be bigger at Pop Century.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm sure I will be in the minority in that we prefer the All Star Resorts to Pop...

All Stars-I just love the theming and I personally thought the food courts were better than Pop. We never had bus issues even sharing with the other resorts. I found my way around easier than at Pop. Rooms were also quieter than Pop. Air conditioning worked well.

Pop-Hated the preset air conditioning system. Thought the layout of the resort was a bit confusing and the rooms picked up every noise from our neighbors. Still, I have enjoyed staying at every resort on Disney even Pop. I thought the Hippy Dippy Pool was nice and you do not have to share buses with other resorts. Food court and theming is okay just prefer All Stars.

mechanic
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
we prefer pop. there in july and it was great. it was our second time. better bus service. great food court. recently updated and right up to disney maintenance standards. maybe asmovies has better themeing but still like pop and we have stayed at all the value resorts.

texas211
09-29-2011, 11:16 PM
ASMusic- Billion people there, especially groups. About a 26 mile walk from the back to the front. In fact, the rear hotel rooms might be in Atlanta.

linedropper
09-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I have stayed at All star music twice and Pop Century once. I personally and my family will never stay at POP again. It might be newer and have it's on bus system but there are so many rooms at POP that it equals out. I have never waited for buses more then we did when we were at pop. And leaving resorts late especially epcot heading back to pop was terrible. Also the food court at pop was bigger but when we went it was not big enough. Many times we went in to eat and just left due to having no place to sit. Never had this problem at all star music. might have been the time we were there but I still would choose all star music over pop anytime!

M Riddle
09-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you everyone :mickey: Even though most of you like Pop, my family wants to try Music. Could you please tell me which buildings/sections are standard rooms. Oh and by the way, texas211 you really made me LOL. Maybe if we are in the right section I'll loose instead of gain weight on this vacation with all that walking. ;)

darthmacho
09-30-2011, 07:44 AM
The closest buildings to the Main Building and pool are the Calypso themed buildings, and they are a little more expensive than the others, but I don't know how much more.

WDWdreamer87
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone :mickey: Even though most of you like Pop, my family wants to try Music. Could you please tell me which buildings/sections are standard rooms. Oh and by the way, texas211 you really made me LOL. Maybe if we are in the right section I'll loose instead of gain weight on this vacation with all that walking. ;)

You are going to want a room in Rock, Country, or Broadway. Country is the farthest from the Main Building, but also the quietest. All three of these buildings are close to the Piano Pool, so no problem. All three are close to parking lots either by All Star Sports or the back of All Star Music.

PopPhan
09-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Pop-Hated the preset air conditioning system. Thought the layout of the resort was a bit confusing and the rooms picked up every noise from our neighbors. Still, I have enjoyed staying at every resort on Disney even Pop. I thought the Hippy Dippy Pool was nice and you do not have to share buses with other resorts. Food court and theming is okay just prefer All Stars.

Not sure what you are talking about with "pre-set" air conditioning...We were just at Pop last week and, although the temp was set at 72 when we got in the room, we were able to adjust it to our liking and it stayed that way the whole time we were there. (NOTE: We did not use MouseKeeping, as we like to pick up after ourselves and only occasionally need to get more towels/wash cloths/soaps/etc.)

Crow
09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Pop def. newer, more central location esp to Epcot.. refillable mugs used to b able to b used w slushies but idt so now not sure.
lake.
its the first one that she & I stayed at together and we are going back in a few wks.
Allstars was the first disney resort i stayed at.

McLiberal8
09-30-2011, 11:44 PM
refillable mugs used to b able to b used w slushies but idt so now not sure.

No more slushies, now it's iced tea/sweet tea!

5MemphisTiggers
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I saw where you have decided to stay at ASM. We have stayed there a number of times and really enjoyed it. We are trying Pop in a couple of weeks, so we'll see where our verdict comes in.

Try to stay in either of the Calypso buildings (Bldgs 1 and 10) as they are closest to the food court/transportation. This area can be a bit noisy, particularly if your room faces the pool (and you happen to be there during the national cheerleader competition . . . but my son didn't mind too much). If your room is on the other side (facing the parking lots), it's quite peaceful.

We really enjoy ASM, but I must confess that we use our room mainly as a crash pad. We are not there to hang out by the pool; we are there to hit the parks and the restaurants. When we want to experience the theme of a fancy resort, we go spend an hour sitting in the lobby and wandering around one of the deluxe resorts (esp Poly - my fav - and WL - GREAT theme).

Anyway, enjoy your trip. In my mind, a bad day at WDW beats . . . well, actually, I've never had a bad day at WDW. :mickey:

M Riddle
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks again everybody for your input. I just love reading what you all have to say. I have watched some ASMU videos and I am getting very excited to stay there. I love how it looks. Especially at night. :cloud9:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
We will be back to ASMu very soon. We like to stay at the mods, but if we want to go every year, some years, economies are necessary. We have stayed at ASMu many times, and our favorite building is Broadway. It is about a 5 minute walk from the main building, but the walkways are pretty, so it's not a big deal. We ALWAYS ask for an upper floor room, in the back of the building facing the parking lot or a few trees. It is much quieter, we don't like the pool noise, and there is far less running past the rooms from all the kids who escape thier parents grasps. Have no fear, if you are simply using the room for sleeping, you'll be just fine! Have a GREAT time!