PDA

View Full Version : standard room at Boardwalk Inn

JoDisney
09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
We are going for the F&W Festival. We wanted Beach Club but it has never been available for those times. We had been looking at Wilderness Lodge but then Boardwalk (Standard) came open. We have never stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. Never had the desire. BUT it is so close to Epcot. Tell me about Boardwalk Inn Standard View. Do you have to pay to park for standard parking? What is resort like? What is the best location to ask for in the a Standard room?

BrerGnat
09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
If you are going primarily for the F&WF, Boardwalk is a great option. I'd definitely take it, as those Epcot resorts are very hard to book during that time.

I stayed at the BWI for 5 nights in May. We had booked a Standard Room, but were surprised with a free upgrade to Club Level upon check in! However, all the rooms are the same, and our Club Level room was a "standard view", so I can give you my opinion.

Our room looked out to the center courtyard, where the quiet pool is. We were about halfway between the lobby and the end of the wing. I had originally asked for a room close to the lobby, because that resort has some long hallways! As it was, we felt that our room was a long walk from the lobby, so I would definitely request "close to lobby".

Overall, I thought the BWI was okay. I didn't fall in love with it. I love the BC, and also the WL, but the BWI just felt like a hotel to me. I think a lot of it was I just didn't like the decor. Found it sort of loud and too "antique" for me. It's the kind of decor my mom would love, but it just wasn't for me.

I can say the location was fabulous, although I slightly prefer the BC since it's closer to Epcot. And, being on the Boardwalk was fun. It was always alive with activity and very pretty.

NOTHING beats being able to walk to Epcot, so just based on that, I'd stay there again if I couldn't get Y/B Club. Also, the walk to DHS was very easy as well.

As far as I know, no fee for parking, although I never have a car at WDW, so I could be wrong on that.

Food options are the only thing sort of lacking there. Since we got upgraded to Club Level, that alleviated our worry about that (since it took care of breakfast). I found the Bakery way too small for the crowds that would amass, and it's really the only "CS" type place there. I did really like the giftshop and Wyland gallery. The pool was okay, IMO. Not the best WDW resort pool, but it was good enough. Overall, the place was very clean and well kept. Staff interactions were all excellent. Our room itself was a bit worn and shabby feeling. Seems like this resort might need a room rehab soon.

Overall, I'd recommend it, but it wouldn't be my first choice to return to.

Hog
09-29-2011, 10:03 AM
We stayed at Boardwalk last May, I really liked the resort, our room overlooked the garden. I don't know where to request a room, but we were on the 4th floor and we just went down the elevator and walked out to the boardwalk to catch a boat or walk to Epcot or HS. Every morning we went out to the boardwalk to eat breakfast it was really great to have that convienience it really added to the vacation feeling over looking the water and seeing people drive by on bikes etc. I loved being to close to Epcot and HS, it was really fast to walk from Epcot we beat the boat back from the international gateway everynight.

WDWForever
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
We've stayed there a handful of times when we couldn't get in BC. Boardwalk is one of our favorities. Easy walk to EPCOT or HS (usually boat takes longer - waiting, loading, unloading, etc.). Not sure about parking since I haven't taken a car there in years. If possible, I love the lake view rooms. There are plenty of options on the boardwalk itself for food. IMHO, if your main purpose is the F&W festival then this would be a great deal being so close.

Mitzie
09-29-2011, 11:41 AM
We stayed at BWI last Oct. during F&W and loved it. We were in a standard club level room and looked out at a courtyard area next to the quiet pool. It was a small walk to the elevators and the lobby but nothing major. Our room was always clean and welcoming. Loved sitting on our balcony and seeing the sun come up over the Eifel tower..very pretty. It is now DD favorite resort. I can't speak for the main pool as it was closed due to a broken pipe and they were taking us over to BC/YC pool on a golf cart(was kind of bummed about that as we had already stayed at BC and wanted to experience a different pool but what are you to do).