PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys Halloween Party

robnadina
09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey All
We are going to the Mickeys Halloween Party this year and I was wondering what to expect.
Are all the rides open? The crowds managable? What kind of treats do they give the kids? That kind of stuff.
We are going on Friday Sept 30 and I just read its sold out. I am having visions of very long lines and a crowded park when I read this.
Being a AP holder I was hesitant to pay for something that I have technically already paid for, but figured what the heck, a half empty park maybe worth it.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thank you

Pirate Granny
09-28-2011, 10:08 PM
We were there last Friday, I found the crowds not too bad, EXCEPT for the candy lines this year...nor sure why, but didn't get as much trick or treating in as usual. parade and fireworks were great, go to the second parade, a little less crowded. Bus at the end of the night were plentiful, and didn't wait too long. ENJOY...surprised it's sold out though...

teamblackwell
09-29-2011, 01:34 AM
We went last year.
Hit the treat stations EARLY, the first hour they're open. Treat stations are setup in clusters. There's a cluster of them along Fantasmic sitting area, another by BTMR, and another in tomorrowland. 8-10 stations to a cluster. As soon as you hit all the stations in a cluster, turn around and hit them for the opposite direction. Very good candy last year, name brand stuff; like mini hershey bars, snickers, nerds, twisler, and the last station in each cluster had Ghirardelli Squares. After the first hour the candy lines get ridiculusly long. Take a break and do some rides. My son and I got on Splash and rode it 3 times without getting out of the boat, cuz there was no one waiting in line to ride. As I remember, all rides were open, with little or no waiting.

If you really want more candy, hit as many stations as you can the last 1/2 hour before candy is cut off. Whatever candy is not given away for the night has to be hauled back to the warehouse(CM's want out of there for the night) so they give out candy 2 fisted style to get rid of all of it for the night. We scored more candy the last 10 minutes of the party, than in the whole first hour all together.

Bring your own trick-or-treat bag. The ones they give out are small. We brought a reusable nylon shopping bag type.

disneydrmr
09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
We'll be going during our upcoming trip also. Thanks for the tips on when to hit the stations and about bringing our own treat bags! Since I"m dressing as a hawaian tourist I'll find a tropical type beach bag to carry.. that should hold all the loot! LOL

Melanie
09-29-2011, 09:37 AM
We were there last Friday, I found the crowds not too bad, EXCEPT for the candy lines this year...nor sure why, but didn't get as much trick or treating in as usual. parade and fireworks were great, go to the second parade, a little less crowded. Bus at the end of the night were plentiful, and didn't wait too long. ENJOY...surprised it's sold out though...

Pretty sure Pirate Granny is talking about WDW, not Disneyland. ;)