PDA

View Full Version : Epcot to DTD

Dyanna
09-28-2011, 10:20 AM
What would be the quickest/easiest way to get to DTD from Epcot? I'm thinking monorail to TTC but not sure if this is correct.

Wrigley
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
We usually walk over to Yacht/Beach Club to catch one of their busses to DTD. I'm not sure if that is truly the quickest way, but it easy!:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
The YC/BC bus makes a few stops. Not sure about the speed of the Boardwalk bus, but I think it might make fewer stops. I'm not sure if there is a bus from TTC to DTD. I know the buses go to the other parks, but I don't think there's a direct connect from TTC to DTD (though I'm not 100% sure on that).

BugeyedMuggy
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Quickest way....taxi

Main Street Jim
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
There is no bus from any of the theme parks to Downtown Disney, nor from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Downtown Disney. Reason (and this was stopped only a few years ago): people figured out they could park at DtD and bus from there to a park/TTC (MK), and avoid paying for parking.

Quickest way, I think, (if you don't have your own transportation) would be a couple of options:

Bus from Epcot to either Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter, then the boat from any of these to DtD.

Walk over to Boardwalk, Swolphin, or Yacht/Beach Club, bus to DtD. I'm not real sure how the loop runs (I know the MK resorts bus loop, just not the Epcot loop).

I'm thinking monorail to TTC but not sure if this is correct. This option would only get you from TTC back to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom, as the buses from TTC only go back to one of those two parks, and I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Shades of Green and the DtD resorts.

Well, I *guess* that could be an option if you wanted to walk from a DtD resort to DtD...

BrerGnat
09-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Walk to the Beach Club and take a bus. It is the last stop on the "loop" when the buses are sharing. On occasion, it might go to the Boardwalk first. If it's daytime, and Typhoon Lagoon is open, expect a stop there before Downtown Disney.

Catching the bus from Boardwalk is not more direct. It might be the last stop, or it might pick up at Swan and Dolphin after Boardwalk. No real way to know since it changes all the time.

MOJoe
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Quickest way....taxi

:ditto: And only about 12 bucks.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2011, 03:43 PM
If you are ok w/ walking a bit, I would catch a bus to SSR. Then get off at the Congress Park (I think) villa stop and then follow the path to DTD.

We made that walk and it was a nice walk. However, if it's REALLY dark outside, there is a small section as you near the main road, that is a dark. As long as your not alone (except for our little lizard friends that scurry along the path) you'll be totally fine. Many people bike, walk/jog that path along the water.

If you don't want to walk anymore, you could get off at the Springs/Carriage House stop and walk to the boat dock to wait for the boat to DTD.

If that is still too much walking, then get off at any of the SSR stops (I suggest the Springs/Carriage House just because its in the middle of the action and it's the largest bus stop) and wait for the DTD bus. Seems to me that there is always a DTD bus waiting there.

HTH:thumbsup:

buddie
10-06-2011, 10:14 PM
(and this was stopped only a few years ago): people figured out they could park at DtD and bus from there to a park/TTC (MK), and avoid paying for parking.
It's been more than a few years since it was stopped.
It's also assumed that the service was stopped because Disney all of a sudden figured out that people were avoiding the parking fee. The real reason is a lot more complex than that.