PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in WDW this past May?

minnie-mouse
09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
I was just wondering how the weather was? Very humid? A lot of rain? How about the crowds? We have only gone in April so we are wondering how May compares?

BugeyedMuggy
09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
We were there early May and it was beautiful. It rained one afternoon (the day we were leaving) and one overnite in a 9 day stay. Not humid like in the summer but it can be the be the start of it in May. Oct & May are our favorite times. If you do not incorporate Memorial weekend the crowds are very doable.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
May is one of our favourite times to visit WDW!

It is starting to get warm and humid, but nothing like what it will be in the summer. Over the past few years we've had warmer than usual temperatures (a couple of years ago was the hottest May on record).

The crowds are moderate, but start to pick up towards the end of the month, as you get closer to Memorial Day. Again, it seems to be getting busier as more people "discover" that it is a good time to go, but crowds are still less than the craziness of the summer.

minnie-mouse
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks so much, we were thinking the first week in May.

sassafras
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
We were there the first week of May and it was beautiful. We were there in August again and it was so humid, I told my husband Never Again! You should enjoy the moderate weather in May. Plus the Flower and Garden Festival is still on the first part of May and that's always fun!

BrerGnat
09-28-2011, 12:33 PM
We were there the last week of May this year and it was pretty hot, but not too bad. There were storms a few days, similar to summer.

I think the early May weather tends to be very mild and enjoyable. Great time to go!

crltkcagle
09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
We usually go the third week in May and its hot but nothing horrible. We like this time of year! Have fun!

disneyfan328
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
we were in Disney the first week of May 2009 and we loved it but it was HOT. not as humid as September but it was humid on several days as well. crowds were moderate for the most part and we LOVED the flower and garden festival! We had one day when it rained off and on all day but otherwise it was a passing shower her or there and the rest was sun sun sun!

Joannelet
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
We were there the first week in May of this year and it was definitely HOT for this Jersey girl and her family. No rain though. Just very hot.

faline
09-28-2011, 07:09 PM
We've often gone in May including this year. Weather is typically sunny and getting quite humid. Though it's one of the dryer months, typically, you can't rule out thunderstorms. Crowds are typically in the low to moderate range.

AllDisney
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
We were there in May and it was great!

javamama
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
The past 3 years we have gone the first week of May, we love it then. This past year the weather was fine, not as hot as May 2010 by any means...that was very warm, and even humid. This year we had a little rain one day, but it did clear up after 3 hours or so. We had only experienced rain the year before when we were getting ready for dinner once for a few minutes (sunshower). We really enjoy going in May for a few reasons, low crowds usually(though people are getting hip to the early May times now), Flower and Garden is great, and the weather come through year after year!

We've done mid April, it's been spotty weather wise. We've done late April, and that's very similar to early May, usually good weather but crowds vary on Easter.

Have fun, this will be our first May we won't be there(or at least Spring) in 5 years:( Taking a break, and going to Maui this year. I'm hoping my dh will let us sneak in a quick 4 day trip still:cloud9: My kids will be lost a year without WDW, and mommy too.

sgdisney
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I was there the first week of May in 2010 and the week before Memorial Day in 2011. Both weeks were hot (90+) and humid.

Tink#64
10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Early to Mid May is our favorite time to visit WDW! We've always enjoyed nice warm weather, not overly humid, high's typically in the mid to upper 80's, low's in the 60's, very few rain incidents. Crowds very manageable! Compared to our June experiences, hot, humid & lots of BTG's! One trip we went at the end of May, the week leading into the MD weekend & it was very crowded! Alas, DS's are too old to pull out of school in early May now & so we're forced to work around their school calendars! We've never had a bad time in WDW, but we had so much rain in late June this year, & so many BTG's, I think we'll try to figure out something else for our next trip!

tinkman
10-03-2011, 12:35 AM
We were there May 9th-May 20th. It was a little damp in the mornings, but not what you would call humid. The 1st week the days would start out in the low 80s then hit 90 - 95 in the afternoon. 2nd week was slightly cooler. We had rain on two days, and only part of each day.
Crowds were very managable. We used fast pass a couple times. The only attraction we waited more than 20 mins for was Toy Story Mainia. We used fast pass for Soarin.

RBrooksC
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
This year when we went we had one evening where it threatened a storm but it stayed north of the MK. Otherwise, the skies were sunny and blue. Actually, it was very dry and the day we arrived there was a brush fire.

The crowds weren't bad at all. The park was busy and some of rides had long waits but for the most part, the waits were short.