PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass if not admitted to park??

tysmama
09-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows if a FP can be obtained using a ticket (not sure they are called tickets anymore) for someone not actually admitted to the park?

Let me explain... For example, could a member of your party go to HS early (while everyone else sleeps in! ;) ) with everyone's tickets, get a FP (like TSM, maybe) for everyone, then return later with the entire party??

Thanks in advance...I know this is a strange question. :blush:

DizneyRox
09-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Nope... Ticket must be scanned through the turnstyle before it will be valid for fastpasses.

In fact, it will only be valid at the park the ticket was used for admission. Going to MK and then one person heads to MGM to get a bunch will not work either. They will only get their own.

Tell everyone they need to wake up and get to the park.

honeebee86
09-28-2011, 12:20 AM
The first response is correct.....and how do I know.....I have tried it! It does not work.

Melanie
09-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks in advance...I know this is a strange question. :blush:

It's not strange. I've seen it asked before. :thumbsup:

But yes, Rox is right. A ticket must be activated in order to obtain a Fastpass with it.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Hopefully at least one positive of the billion-dollar NextGen project is that Disney will create a way to obtain Fastpasses for TSM without everyone in the family having to awake a 5am to do it.

The ability to sleep in would improve guest satisfaction greatly.. but for now....:(.

ThanxForNoticin
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Hopefully at least one positive of the billion-dollar NextGen project is that Disney will create a way to obtain Fastpasses for TSM without everyone in the family having to awake a 5am to do it.

The ability to sleep in would improve guest satisfaction greatly.. but for now....:(.

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. I would find it far worse to have someone who does get up and enter the park, lose a fast pass spot to someone who is still lying in bed! Some fast passes go very quickly now already. Can you imagine how quickly they'd go with this type of change?

Goes4FastPass
09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
This would also spawn some sort of cottage industry where "FastPassBob" offers, for a fee, to pick up your room keys and go get your FPs and bring them to you.

Still, there must be a way for families to have a WDW vacation that includes experiencing TSM using a FastPass that doesn't a require participating in the morning stampede after arriving at DHS an hour before it opens.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-28-2011, 01:43 PM
It was rumored that the NextGen system would set up a way to "pick your time" for fastpasses, thus eliminating the probability of early FP times being slept through.

It was also speculated that you would register for "tomorrow's" fastpasses from your resort the evening before (which would make early FP distribution a new perk to staying on-site). Obtaining them through some resort distribution system would eliminate any FastPassBob scenarios since you wouldn't be getting your FP at the park but instead from the resort (or perhaps a website or a mobile phone).

All of this was rumor and arm-chair Imagineering, but I would bet some alteration to FP distribution similar to the rumors is almost a sure bet in years to come.

DizneyRox
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
This would also spawn some sort of cottage industry where "FastPassBob" offers, for a fee, to pick up your room keys and go get your FPs and bring them to you.

Any relation to FastPasssteve? :D

Mousemates
09-28-2011, 04:06 PM

You might want to copyright and .com register your intercot name if your "fastpassbob" prediction comes into being. :mickey:

tysmama
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone! Not trying to be sneaky but my 2 year old is up at the crack of dawn and I predict that my 65 year old parents are going to be tired on their first trip...but also blissfully happy! Thought an early morning bus trip for DD and I might work for everyone.

That being said...if the system ever changes, I am retiring and moving to Orlando to become a "FastPassBob"!

Kaps
09-29-2011, 04:21 PM
No only for the person who scanned there ticket to get in the park that day

K8screen
09-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I hope they dont make a system where Disney resort guests get priority Fastpass, the day before in their resort, or any other way. This is the route Universal have gone down, and made the park very unattractive for off property visitors who are now second class citizens, in line all day unless they stump up extra cash.

I am an early to the parks type person, whether I'm staying on or off property. I figure if I or my family want to lie in bed all morning we can do that at home without paying out huge amounts of money to come to Disney.

Butters
09-30-2011, 02:59 PM
This is a bit off topic, but it got me thinking. We'll be making our first trip with my DD in Feb, she will be 18 months...

If my wife and I get FP's for a ride.. let's say PP we would only be able to get 2 since my DD wouldn't have a ticket. Will she still be able to use the FP line with us?

Goofy4TheWorld
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
This is a bit off topic, but it got me thinking. We'll be making our first trip with my DD in Feb, she will be 18 months...

If my wife and I get FP's for a ride.. let's say PP we would only be able to get 2 since my DD wouldn't have a ticket. Will she still be able to use the FP line with us?

Yes, under 3 can go though the FP line without any worries.

phlo8810
10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Last year I woke up early at BWV and RAN to DS at opening. Then proceeded to fight the mob also running to TSM. When I got there I had 9 tickets but it wouldn't let me get more than the 1 that was mine, because the others had not been scanned into the park.

W24toISMdirect
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes, under 3 can go though the FP line without any worries.

That's good info, thank you! That implication of having a barely one year old along for our next trip hadn't even occured to me (not that I can imagine many one year old laptopable attractions for which FastPass makes much diffrance, but still good to know)

DizneyRox
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
You can still child swap if you use the FastPass line...