PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Question

PEDSNURSE
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I have what I believe is a pretty easy question for one of you guys out their. *What's the deal with the fast pass. *I believe their are two types maybe three.

1. The type we get for staying on property and getting are daily park hoppers.

2. You have an issue and a staff member awards you a "fast pass" that allows you to go to the front of the line. (three years ago I believe we where given this type at a restaurant for them being out of something or misplacing are*reservation or something)

If you are staying off property or live in the area. *And just buy a one day ticket, *do you need to also pay an extra fee for the fast pass?

By the way in 2 1/2 hours it will be 8 days and a wake up till we fly back to Disney World. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad
Dave Weyhrich

Awesome_guy
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Fastpasses are included with admission. Not all attractions have them, but those that do have kiosks (machines) out front where you put your park ticket in... your park ticket comes back out along with a small ticket indicating your return time.

Come back during your one hour window (or afterwards) and rather than going to the standby line, go to the fast pass line. An attendant will be there ensuring you are not arriving early and that you have fast pass tickets for each member of your party.

You can get your next fast pass at the beginning of your window or after 90 minutes (hmmm... or is it 120 minutes...) whichever is sooner.

Universal and Islands of Adventure have their Expresspass system tied to hotel stays, etc. but Disney's Fastpass is for all folks and included.

As you mention, at times, cast members can compensate experiences with Fastpasses. Other anomalies apply like finding paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island, etc.

Most of the time though, it's just part of your park routine, should you choose. No extra cost. No staying on property required.

Hope this helps, and that others can further clarify things.

Ed
09-28-2011, 08:23 AM
You're eligible for regular Fastpasses with all park tickets. Those Fastpasses give you a one hour window to return to that particular attraction.

The other type, usually handed out by CMs to compensate for problems, have no time or attraction limitations; you can show up at any FP attraction and will be admitted to the FP waiting line; these do not bump you all the way to the head of the line.

faline
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
There is no extra fee for fast passes regardless of the type of ticket you have. We've been "handed" fast passes on a couple of occasions. During an anniversary celebration, a cast member handed us fast passes for the Safari that were for a specified time on that day. When Rock n Roller Coaster broke down while we were on line, we were handed fast passes that were good during any point in time for several days into the future (We weren't headed back to that park before the end of our trip and I ended up giving those away).

Buttercup
09-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi! I think you might be a teensy bit confused about what a Fast Pass is. If the previous posters didn't explain it enough, here's my take! :D

1. The type we get for staying on property and getting are daily park hoppers.
Those aren't fast passes. Those are just your park tickets that allow you to get into the parks, and you have apparently selected to purchase the park hopping option, meaning you can hop from park to park on the same day.

A fast pass is something else. They are like little receipts that you collect around the park during the day. Many of the more popular attractions have "Fast Pass Kiosks" where you can go up to the machine, insert your park ticket and it will print out a little receipt with a time when you can come back to that particular attraction and get on the ride with a shorter wait-time than everyone else who doesn't have a fast pass.
Here is a picture of what a fast pass looks like: you can see it is for Space Mountain, and what time you can use it. http://sheila0gh.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/fastpass.jpg

2. You have an issue and a staff member awards you a "fast pass" that allows you to go to the front of the line. (three years ago I believe we where given this type at a restaurant for them being out of something or misplacing are*reservation or something)
You're right - sometimes, if you are in the right place at the right time, a cast member will just hand you a fast pass as a nice surprise treat! And yes, sometimes they do it if they are trying to make up for something they did wrong. However, it doesn't get you to the "front of the line". It just allows you to use the shorter fast pass lineup at whatever attraction the pass is for.

If you are staying off property or live in the area. *And just buy a one day ticket, *do you need to also pay an extra fee for the fast pass?
The fast pass system isn't just for Disney resort guests. ANYONE who has a park ticket for Disney, regardless of where they're staying, can use the fast pass kiosks.
You might be thinking of Universal Studios, which DOES charge an additional fee if you want to have access to their version of the fast pass thing.
But not at Disney - anyone with a park ticket can use it!