PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones, POTC

darthmacho
09-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Most of us agree that the Davy Jones image on the "mist screen" is impressive, and although Blackbeard is on there currently, DJ, I'm told, is going to return.

My question is this: What exactly is Davy Jones babbling about? I can make out a few things and I obviously enjoy his sinister laugh, but I really have no clue what he's saying. Does anyone know what his lines are? :confused:

Also, are there any other lines on the attraction that stand out to you? I always find it amusing when the mayor's wife tells him, "Don't be chee-kin!" :chicken:

Stu29573
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, from memory I can recall that as a voice is droning "Dead Men Tell No Tales" (as voiced by X. Atencio, by the way) Davy Jones materialized and says: "Ah, but they do tell tales says I" or something to that effect. There may be more. I'll have to look at my video again LOL.

darthmacho
09-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, from memory I can recall that as a voice is droning "Dead Men Tell No Tales" (as voiced by X. Atencio, by the way) Davy Jones materialized and says: "Ah, but they do tell tales says I" or something to that effect. There may be more. I'll have to look at my video again LOL.

That's helpful. I couldn't make that part out, except for the "says I" part. Thanks! :D

Anyone else, because I'm pretty sure he says a few more things...

Also, does the auctioneer still say: "I'm not sponging for rum, it be gold I'm after!"?

Stu29573
09-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Also, does the auctioneer still say: "I'm not sponging for rum, it be gold I'm after!"?

Yep. Right after another pirate yells that he'll give him five...bottles of rum!

retiredfigment
09-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow, thanks, I was never sure what the auctioner was saying:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-26-2011, 05:15 PM
"If you be brave of foolish enough to test the pirates curse, proceed" I think that's one of the sayings of DJ. Also "Aye, but they do tell tales, so says I, Davy Jones".

Melanie
09-26-2011, 05:19 PM
And interestingly enough, Blackbeard says the exact same lines as Davy Jones.

I always find it amusing when the mayor's wife tells him, "Don't be chee-kin!"

My 11 yo loves that line, and I hear it more often than I care to. ;)

darthmacho
09-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Yep. Right after another pirate yells that he'll give him five...bottles of rum!

I never caught that, thanks.

"If you be brave of foolish enough to test the pirates curse, proceed" I think that's one of the sayings of DJ. Also "Aye, but they do tell tales, so says I, Davy Jones".

Thanks! I especially would never have figured that out.

My 11 yo loves that line, and I hear it more often than I care to. ;)

That's funny. I'll have to teach my kids that, so they can drive my wife nuts. ;)

BrerGnat
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
"Ay, Carlos, don't be cheek-in"

Standard line in our house...whenever someone is being "chicken". ;)