PDA

View Full Version : Strmchsr Family Not So Scary Working Vacation Part 2

Strmchsr
09-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Cast: Me, Renae, Caleb (DS11), and Cole (DS10)
Date: Sept 25

Our last full day at WDW was quite enjoyable. We arrived at DAK in time for opening. Honestly, I expected it to be really hot and humid in DAK, as it normally is, but it honestly wasn't too bad. There was a nice, light breeze so it was hot, sure, but not unbearable as DAK often is. Also, crowds were very low in the morning. We rode (walk-on) EE 3 straight times (and could have done more), Kali twice, Dinosaur, and the Safari without ever needing a Fastpass. Also had a fantastic lunch (as always) at Flametree BBQ. I was tempted to try the CS by Yak and Yeti, but I just can't pass up Flametree. Now, in the afternoon, things changed. By 1:00 EE had a 35 min standby time, Kali was 45 min, and other places were growing similar crowds. We were still able to use fastpass at that time do finish everything we wanted. Also, as the crowds grew were were able to escape along the two animal treks, which we always enjoy.

By late afternoon we headed to Epcot to finish up World Showcase. We hit Mexico around to Italy after having already done Canada through USA previously. We always enjoy interacting with the various CMs from the countries and the boys learn a ton from those encounters. We finished the evening with a late ADR at Via Napoli. Still the best pizza ever and the desserts are incredible. We were then able to walk straight out to the railing and conclude our evening with Illuminations.

Tomorrow we'll do the boys' favorites in Futureworld before a lunch ADR at Teppen Edo then it's time to jump in the van for a 7.5 hour drive home. It's been a great (working) vacation and I'm looking forward to bringing the family with me to the next conference I teach in December.

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Your morning at AK sounds like ours last week. Not too hot or crowded in the morning and ready to leave after lunch as the crowds and heat increased.

Have a safe trip home!

Joannelet
09-26-2011, 07:22 AM
What a great time you were able to have! Thanks for the report! I am sure you are looking forward to December!

faline
09-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reports, Chris! Sounds like a wonderfully enjoyable business trip/vacation!

pdrlkr
09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a great time!