PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast place without characters?

Zeike
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi to all! we are ser for a nov vacation and got the free dinning, just wondering where would be a good bet for a nice breakfast without characters. We have been looking at Kona or The Wave at COntemporary. Any advice? thanks!

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Kona is the best place at WDW for breakfast :cloud9:

Melanie
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM

:ditto:

Couldn't agree more! Pressed coffee, tonga toast....what more could you want? ;)

JohnMel
09-25-2011, 10:24 PM
The wave is the best. After many great breakfasts at kona we were amazed at the wave. Best coffee by far too and we are coffee snobs.

RichGuy
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Has anyone tried the breakfast at Kouzzina? The menu looks WAY fun, but I won't be able to get there until next Feb'.

I haven't been there for 15 years or so, but the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge was good. I see they've changed their menu, and it's not just the all-you-can-eat thing any more... might be time to go back.

Lately, I've been all about Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion in Epcot.

TheDuckRocks
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
My 2 favorites are Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe.
:offtopic: Why does Disney seem to name everyother eatery a "Cafe"?

Patricia
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
My vote is Kona. I keep trying other places, including Kouzzina, and end up wishing I'd chosen Kona.

I have never been disappointed with my food, service or coffee here.

JPL
09-26-2011, 10:34 AM
My vote is for Boma :tasty: with Kona Cafe coming ina very close 2nd! :eat:

Hammer
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM

:ditto:

Couldn't agree more! Pressed coffee, tonga toast....what more could you want? ;)

GFC Pressed pot and Lobster Eggs Benedict :tasty: ?

Grand Floridian Cafe gets my vote. Mom and I went to Kona in May for breakfast and while it was good, we missed Grand Floridian Cafe.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Kona....excellent coffee, tonga toast is good, macadamia nut pancakes are awesome....best breakfast we've had yet at WDW

Mackflava99
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Flying Fish was surprisingly very good for Breakfast.

disney1122
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe are the best!

Mousemates
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Kona would be my choice between the two.

ElenitaB
09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
If you're planning an MK day, then I'd suggest Grand Floridian Cafe. But if you're planning on a different park, I'd suggest either Kouzzina (we really enjoyed it and are looking to going back one day for breakfast) if your plans take you to either Epcot or DHS. And if you're planning on visiting AK, you can't go wrong with Boma.

AuntLaura
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Kona Cafe (Tonga toast) and Boma.
Kona Cafe usually wins, because if you have breakfast at 730AM, you can make the MK opening quite easily.

rafiki fan
09-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I agree with the Boma and Kona but the best kept secret is to get on the boat and head over to Fort Wilderness. The Trail's End Buffet is the best on property IMHO. We eat there every trip even when we are not camping. It is a lot less hectic than most other places and the food is excellent.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-26-2011, 08:15 PM
We haven't eaten at many breakfast spots but we really enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe last December.

faline
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Kona is very good but can be extremely busy and congested. For this reason, I'd select Grand Floridian Cafe. Excellent food and service; very laid back and generally not overly busy - truly a gem!

jillluvsdisney
09-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I love Kona. Whispering Canyon is good too.

Mitzie
09-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok I will be the odd ball out there. Our favorite spot is Captains Grill at YC. It is a nice location if you are going into either Epcot or HS and we like it because there is an extensive menu as well as the buffet.

Katzateer
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I agree with the Boma and Kona but the best kept secret is to get on the boat and head over to Fort Wilderness. The Trail's End Buffet is the best on property IMHO. We eat there every trip even when we are not camping. It is a lot less hectic than most other places and the food is excellent.

I really enjoy Trail's End but it has always been very time consuming to get there.

We will have to try the Grand Floridan Cafe since it gets such good reviews.

Tigerinvestigator
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Another vote for Kouzzina with Boma and Kona a close second and third!

Kouzzina was not only the best breakfast we have ever had at WDW, it is one of the best we have ever had period.:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I cannot say enough to everyone go to the Rainforest Cafe :eat: outside of Animal Kingdom Park. Here is why....First make ressies for that park day. RFC opens earlier than the park. There is no wait cause it isn't too busy. They have the best menu, coffee:mcoffee:, servers, and prices are reasonable:spend:. Upon leaving, exit through the gift shop to your left:walk:, there will be two turnstiles, and you do not have to wait in any lines to get into the park, you just walk :walk: in.. it's great....:yay:

AllDisney
09-27-2011, 07:30 PM
We enjoyed Boma very much:mickey:

HeadFairyInCharge
10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I have not been to Kona yet ...ADR for later this month after great reviews. We love Grand Floridian Cafe and also have been to Yacht Club for the Captains Grill buffet is great...
Where you are staying and how you plan your day helps...I always figure in where we are headed then figure out most convenient location. :thumbsup:

Jared
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Has anyone tried the breakfast at Kouzzina? The menu looks WAY fun, but I won't be able to get there until next Feb'.
I love the breakfast at Kouzzina and absolutely prefer it to Kona. I find the famous Tonga toast to be way too sweet and heavy -- to my palate, it's a little sickening, really. I like the Mediterranean-style offerings at Kouzzina.

I also strongly recommend Boma. I rarely eat at buffet restaurants, even at Disney, but Boma is a notable exception.

beksy
10-02-2011, 11:45 PM
We love Kona and eat there for breakfast a few times each trip, as well as at least once for dinner. I love the Tonga Toast, Mom always goes for the Macadamia Nut Pancakes, and my sister likes the Steak and Eggs.

LVT
10-09-2011, 07:24 AM
We enjoyed a Kouzzina breakfast in June. The only disappointing part was a pastries basket. I do not know if it was a matter of style differences or staleness, but that basket was a waste for us. The rest was great.

lovin'fl
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I too liked the Whispering Canyon breakfast. My inlaws liked Olivias and I plan to try that in December. Don't do Cindy's royal table...not worth the 2TS credits.

Granny Jill A
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
My 2 favorites are Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe.
:offtopic: Why does Disney seem to name everyother eatery a "Cafe"?

Ditto on both your comments. Kona is my must-have reservation every trip, and I just discovered GF Cafe the last time I was there.
Nice to be able to just sit, eat, and talk.

I guess Cafe sounds more friendly than other names. It evokes a cozy feeling when I hear the word.

5MemphisTiggers
10-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Cast my votes for Boma and Whispering Canyon. (Of course, I've never been to Kona for breakfast. Trying to work that in next week :mickey:).

buzznwoodysmom
10-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Kona would be my vote for best non character breakfast in all of WDW!!!

DebK
10-15-2011, 11:45 AM
We really like the buffet breakfast at Boma. It is a great way to see another resort and you are right by the AK.....

Disneygirl91
10-17-2011, 04:41 PM

I haven't been there for 15 years or so, but the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge was good. I see they've changed their menu, and it's not just the all-you-can-eat thing any more... might be time to go back.

Lately, I've been all about Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion in Epcot.

Kouzzina is delicuous!!

Kona is okay, the service is absolutely terrible, but the food is yummy!

Keneva
10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Boma for breakfast was worth the trip. There is a large selection beyond the standard stuff.