PDA

View Full Version : Just back - the good and the bad part 2

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
This was our first September trip. Was worried with all the rain we had been getting in PA- was hoping for dry weather.

The weather cooperated with us most of the time - a little rain one night at EPCOT and it rained the last evening when we were at Downtown Disney. I was very happy we had such nice park days.

My DH, youngest daughter (16), her best friend from Ohio,and myself all had a great time. The girls spent some time with us but went off on their own most of the time.

MK - enjoyed the rides with no major waits. The Halloween party was a lot of fun. Love the fireworks! And it is fun to see all the costumes on the characters and guests. The parade is ok- I have seen it twice now and it is not my favorite.

AK- Had a very nice morning - the Lion King was great like always and the crowd was light until we left the park around 1 pm. It was getting crowded and hot by then.

EPCOT- We enjoyed some of our favorite rides and visiting all the countries. Shopping in Japan is always a highlight for me.

HS- Seemed to be the busiest park - the afternoon we went it was extra magic hours in the evening and there was two showings of Fantasmic. They were both very crowded. Got to see the last show of American Idol of the day and I enjoyed it. Got to see Beauty and the Beast which is my favorite.

One morning rode Toy Story Mania 3 times and I can't get enough of it- would have ridden all morning but had to move on. I was alone in the park that morning and had to meet up with the rest of the family. ( they have no interest in that
ride:confused:)

The two most wonderful things about our trip - our youngest got to spend time with her best friend. They had not seen each other in a year and they had a extra special time together. It was really sad when we had to go home - they won't see each other until next summer.

And my favorite thing that happened ......:cloud9: When we were at HS I was walking towards the Beauty and the Beast entrance and my husbands best childhood friend and his family were standing there. It was so cool and so strange to see someone we knew in the crowd of people!! We had not seen them in 3 years and not talked to them since we moved to PA. We talked for awhile and made plans to get together
for breakfast later in the week!:thumbsup:

Those were the highlights- hope everyone has great upcoming trips!:mickey:

disneymom15
09-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. It's always strange when you run into someone you know. I'm with you, I love Toy Story Mania too. Could ride it all day. Dh and I always have a fierce competition between each other.

SBETigg
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Toy Story Mania is a big hit with us, too. How amazing that you ran into dear friends! A very wonderful extra. Also lovely for you daughter to have some time with her best friend.

faline
09-25-2011, 03:09 PM
How nice that so many family member had a chance to catch up with old, dear friends! Sounds lovely!

Mackflava99
09-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I love the item about seeing old friends, can you imagine the odds to be in the same place at the same time?
Very cool

pdrlkr
09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
thanks for the report, that was cool about seeing your friends

Joannelet
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I too love shopping in Japan! Very cool that your daughter got to spend time with a dear friend and that you ran into friends! It is a small world after all! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I love how Disney just brings everyone together.... from all over the country and you find your bff's at Disney! :D

emerzmom
09-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Sounds like a really great trip!
:mickey:
Julie

January-2007
09-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for sharing.