PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Winter Summerland? Blizzard Beach closed.

Mary Chase
09-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Question for anyone who's been to Winter Summerland golf course when Blizzard Beach has been closed for Rehab. Do buses still run and stop at Blizzard Beach? I'm thinking they don't - but thinking about flying so won't have transportation.

Also, we have a 4 year old - is that too young to take in a cab if that's our only option? I wasn't sure what the rules were on that.

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure.

If you do decide to take a cab, there are no issues at all. They can be secured with a seatbelt (I know, strange ... they have to be in a booster seat until age 8 here at home) or you can request and see if there is a cab with one (around Disney, it is a good possibility!)

I do know that when we were at WinterSummerland last year, in January (I can't remember if BB was closed then, or if it was just super late, so it was closed for the day), but I was shocked to see buses coming through. There was no one trying to get on or off, so they would stop for a minute and then leave.

I would ask at the resort, but it is a possibility, either to take the bus, or definately a cab.

Jayna222
09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
When I went in January, there were buses dropping off and picking up people for Winterland Summerland at the Blizzard Beach bus stop, but I just forgot where I got the bus to Blizzard Beach .....just ask one of the bus drivers and they will be more than happy to direct you in the right direction!

Tink#64
09-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry, can't answer that, but I can tell you that we had the very same concerns a few years ago so we opted to go to Fantasia Gardens instead. After consulting my transpo information that I had printed off of Intercot, I figured out that we could take the bus from Pop over to DHS, from there catch a boat over to the Swan & Dolphin Resort area, we walked across the property & crossed the street to Fantasia Gardens! :golf: It was super easy & our first time riding the boats, which we loved & something we plan now every trip! It gives you such a different perspective of the layout of the WDW property! :cool: We just did the same in reverse to return to Pop. But if you do this, make sure you know what time DHS closes, & I'm thinking that the busses run something like 2 hours after park closing. :thumbsup: