PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Posts

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Why are words showing up like links in posts?

BrerGnat
09-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Where are you seeing this? If you see this, and it appears that the word "links" to an outside website that is NOT the Official Disney website, or one that is to show photos in a trip report, please report the post so the moderators can take a look at it.

There is a little icon in the upper right corner of every post. It's an exclamation point inside a red triangle. Just click on that to send a notification to the moderators.

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 06:28 PM
I had to change the wording in one of my post to make it stop. When I report a post will it ask me why?

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 06:31 PM
You can see it in the Bibbidi bobbidi boutique price post.

BrerGnat
09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok, I'm confused. Your post has a link to another Intercot page, correct? Was it your own post you were talking about?

Melanie
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Why are words showing up like links in posts?

Maybe because you have 666 posts? :thedolls:

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok, I'm confused. Your post has a link to another Intercot page, correct? Was it your own post you were talking about?

Yes but it was in her question. I alo see it in your signature where it say water cooler.

I normally sue Firefox, but am having trouble with it today. I am on IE if that makes any differance.

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe because you have 666 posts? :thedolls:

Ha Ha, I didn't even notice that.

John
09-24-2011, 07:23 PM
It's not coming from our site - I can guarantee you that. I'd seriously run a malware/spyware prevention/detection sofware because it sounds like you have somthing going on that is inserting keyword based advertising into the browser.

I know some sites out there run that sort of thing - but we don't.

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I norton, is that not enough?

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 07:33 PM
I have norton, is that not enough?

John
09-24-2011, 07:41 PM
No system is 100%. Without sitting at your computer, I can't say for sure what's happening. All I can tell you is that it's not the site here causing the issue you are seeing. It definately seems like key words are being turned into links.

Do you have only one browser on your system. You might try chrome, firefox and ie - see if it happens in each.

Re: Malware - you can try running Malwarebytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

or AdAware from lavasoft: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

I'm not sayint that's definately it - but it cant hurt to run one of these or both.

I'd install one, run it - clean up what it suggests and then remove it so you don't have any future conflicts with norton.

As with anything, your situation is fact dependent and you should seek the services of a competent computer professional... and as with anything - ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE YOU RUN ANY PROGRAMS OF THIS SORT.

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I am having trouble with Firefox today. I'm on IE, but will try chrome.

John
09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
If you are having problems with firefox... That may be your first clue something is wrong.

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 09:53 PM
It's all taken care of now thanks to Brownie. My son must have downloaded something with it, but it is gone now. Even my Firefox is running fine again. Though I don't know if one had anything to do with the other. Thanks everyone for your help.