PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do we request a room?

DisneyRN
09-24-2011, 05:35 PM
The last time I actually did this was when you still could call or fax in requests. What is the proper etiquette now to request a specific building? :confused:

DisneyMom12
09-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I requested a building with Disney Travel when I booked. I did not get the building I wanted. They did however try to accommodate me when I checked , but the building was full.

greengeen
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
You just call the central reservation number and ask them to note the request on your reservation. Have your reservation number handy before you call. They will tell you (as always) that no request is guaranteed.

If you booked through a travel agent you have to ask them to do it for you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Exactly! The best way to make any request is to have it noted on the reservation.

There isn't any point to faxing anymore, and a phone call will just have the request noted on your reservation.

You can always ask when you check in, and I've found that the CM's try their best to get you a room you'll like.

tennantsrwe
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
I've also always requested my room/building when I made my reservation. Again, it is just a request so there is a chance you won't get where you want. It sometimes helps to call the hotel directly a few days before check in to make sure they do see the request. I had one trip where there was some sort of glitch and POP wasn't able to see the request but central booking was...? Anyway, they do try their best to accommodate request so I hope you get what you want. -)

We LOVE Disney
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
You can always ask when you check in, and I've found that the CM's try their best to get you a room you'll like.

Can you ask for a certain building or location if checking in online?

Thanks!

LynneM
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Can you ask for a certain building or location if checking in online?

Thanks!

No, there's no place to enter a request on the online check-in form. The best way to make a request is to call 407-WDISNEY and have it added to your reservation.

lawgirl
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Definitely call and have it added to your reservation...decide what is most important to you (room location, king bed, etc...) and have it added before you go.

I used to fax in requests, and they always accomodated them, but it seems like lately they don't pay much importance to the fax requests...I would call and add it to the actual reservation.

And it never hurts to have a big smile and be extra friendly when you check in...even if you don't get the exact room you want, Im sure a well-treated CM won't mind trying to get you what you want!

Good luck!

McLiberal8
10-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I just called Disney to request a King bed for my stay at Pop In January. 'Samson' who helped me said it would be no problem.
Easy peasy!

Tink1
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Your chances of getting the request are best if

1.) it is not exactly the same as what 100 other people requested that are checking in that day.(it used to be everyone requested Bldg 14 at PORS)

2.) it has a little more leeway (example: "I would like room 1440" is harder to fill than "I would like a room away from the main walkways") and try not to have 8 requests on one reservation.

3.) You travel at non-peak times

4.) You reiterate the request at check-in (but make sure you remember what you actually requested :funny:)

Nanc

DisneyRN
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
We called CRO and added it to our room reservations. It was very amusing to hear my fiance' (who is in no way "Disney-fied") try to tell the CM, "Ummm, we want to request to be in the 90's section, Bldg 9...I think". He kind of stammered. :funny:

And, I know it might be overkill, but I am faxing a request tomorrow (4 days out) for the same with the request to be away from the pool side. Who knows, since we booked a standard room; Hopefully we will get this! :number1:

5MemphisTiggers
10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Great timing on this post! I was about to check in on-line, but will now call reservations to add a bldg request. I can check in tomorrow!

Thanks, folks!!

minnie-mouse
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I still fax my request in a few days before our arrival.

brownie
10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I still fax my request in a few days before our arrival.

As long as it's noted on your reservation, which can be done when you make the reservation, you should be all set until check-in. My understanding is they no longer look at the fax requests.