PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival Event Details for Smart Phones

SallyP
09-24-2011, 05:18 PM
This is a WDW official news site.
16th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival: A Passport to a World of Flavors Sept. 30-Nov. 13 (http://wdwnews.com/releases/2011/08/08/16th-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-a-passport-to-a-world-of-flavors-sept-30-nov-13/)

The Epcot Spaceship Earth on the page is a QR code/bar code for the Festival details: pavilion menus and prices, beverages at each booth, eat to the beat schedule, world showcase map and special events. Very nice feature for the festival.

VWL Mom
09-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Usually bring my guide along but this is so much more convenient. Thanks!

Melanie
09-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Okay, I feel totally stupid, but how do I save this to my phone? It's easy to open here at home using my laptop, but what about when I'm over at Epcot and want to open? Will the barcode be available there to scan?

HoosierDisneyFan
09-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Okay, I feel totally stupid, but how do I save this to my phone? It's easy to open here at home using my laptop, but what about when I'm over at Epcot and want to open? Will the barcode be available there to scan?

Get a Scanner for your phone. ATT has a good one.

Melanie
09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
I already have a scanner on my phone (QRReader). My question is, will the 'code' be available there at the festival for me to scan? I can scan easily here at home off my laptop, but I don't see how I can save it.

Hope this makes sense. :confused:

Dsnygirl
09-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Melanie, if you have a "barcode scanner" app on your phone, you can scan the QR code and then save the info onto your phone. It's so cool -- just did it! :thumbsup:

:thanks: for the info -- loving my phone more every day!! :cloud9:

Ooops... just saw someone else answered you, as well... don't know the answer to your last post. ;)

PSS - I just made it a "bookmark" on my phone, and then also created a "shortcut" to it on my home screen so I can get to it later... does that help??

Melanie
09-24-2011, 08:48 PM
PSS - I just made it a "bookmark" on my phone, and then also created a "shortcut" to it on my home screen so I can get to it later... does that help??

Yes, yes, thanks Blythe!

I finally figured out how to open in Safari, and then I created a bookmark. I'm so stupid. :doh:

ETA: I still think it would be cool if they have the barcode around the Festival for scanning purposes.

BugeyedMuggy
09-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Awesome, that is cool. We love anything related to the F&WF. The videos on preparing the food are neat. 6 days til we can do some tasting:cloud9:

Christine
09-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Hmmmm. Is anyone else having trouble with this? I spent a good 20 minutes saving my "favorites" at each country. Then when I went back to it a while later it shows "you have no favorites". :mad:
Oh well. I'll remember.

I'm so glad to see the prices havent increased much (& in some cases not any) since last year! :thumbsup:

Can't wait! Next weekend I'm gonna treat myself after the 5K to some goodies! Baklava here I come!

Dsnygirl
09-26-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm so glad to see the prices havent increased much (& in some cases not any) since last year! :thumbsup:

Can't wait! Next weekend I'm gonna treat myself after the 5K to some goodies! Baklava here I come!

:thumbsup: You'll deserve it!! (and thanks for letting us know prices aren't too much worse... phew!! :D)

Haven't tried doing "favorite" or anything yet... will let you know how it goes when I do...