PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk villa info?

gratuspater
09-24-2011, 02:31 PM
We have just made reservations for late Jan-early Feb. at the boardwalk villas. Staying in a 1 bedroom, standard view. Are there any requests that we should make? I've heard alot of talk of very long hallways at the villas, and from what I can tell on the resort map, there is only 1 set of elevators, near the lobby. Is this the case? Should I request any particular floor?Any pro/cons to a ground level villa?Have the villas been refurbed lately? Thanks for any info. or tips!:mickey:

sassafras
09-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Are there ground level villas? If so, they must be on the front portico or back by the quiet pool. Both times we've been there, we've been on the second or third floor. Not sure about the elevator situation. We were about Wyland's Gallery on the Boardwalk once. That was nice since the gallery had a steel drum player out there for 2 nights. The last time we were on the front, just about the airline checkin. Both times we used the elevators by the lobby. Yes, the halls are quite long, but not unmanageable. My only gripe was the way the refillable mugs are handled there. We were told to take them to the main pool or the Boardwalk Bakery. Because of health ordinances, they won't fill your mug-they hand you a paper takeout cup, so you end up dragging both back with you.

Yo Mickey!
09-26-2011, 08:50 AM
We have stayed there several times and have never had an issue with the hallways. Others I know refuse to stay there because they think it is too long a hike. I think the walk from the bcv is further to the lobby than anything at bw. We love BWV because of the street acts on the boardwalk in the evenings. It's a great chance for my wife and I to unwind with a beer on a bench while the kids watch the magic/juggling/comedy shows.

We will be there in a week and a half for F&W (no kids) and then in early Dec for a family trip. We love bwv and have no issues with the walks and have never requested a particular room. Our favorite rooms are the ones on the top floor with a great view of the pool.

WDWForever
09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
BWV is my favorite (although we haven't tried BCV yet...) since it's walking distance to a lot of things. We've stayed there about 5 times already and the first was the best, main courtyard/lake view with a huge patio. Hallways are long but manageable. Didn't have to wait long for an elevator since there are three in the main lobby area. One year we did have a one bedroom villa on the first floor by the main pool with a small patio but the upside was you didn't need the elevators.

spinnerf
09-27-2011, 07:30 AM
One of the nice things about the first floor villas is that you don't have to take the elevvators. There are a few keyed entrances to the building that can eliminate some of the long hall walking. We stayed behind jelly rolls so we would walk behind the building, enter there and walk a few feet, and except for the boats blowing their horns it was very quiet. Great hotel.