PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary Schedule for 10/1/11

Figment!
09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
The Walt Disney World Resort has released the following tentative agenda for the Magic Kingdom Park on October 1, 2011:

40th Anniversary cupcakes will be available on Main Street bakery

Special 40th Anniversary merchandise available on Main Street

Wishes (9pm) will have a special finale

Special anniversary presentation held at Castle Stage at 10am

Special artist appearances:

-Uptown Jewelers
-11am-2pm-Jim Shore
-12pm to 2pm and 4pm-5pm-Robert Olszewski
-1pm to 3pm-Gene Gonda

-Diamond Horseshoe
-9am to 11am-Brent Reese and Costa Alavezos
-11:30am to 12:30pm and 4pm to 5pm-Greg McCullough
-1pm to 3pm and 4pm to 5pm-Jody Daily, Kevin Kidney, Dave Avanzino

The park will be open from 9am to midnight!

MinnieMommie
09-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Thanks Jason. Am hoping to see something roll out that will be widespread and throughout the year.

Melanie
09-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I so want to be there that day, but my sons have baseball games. Was thinking of heading over late afternoon, but afraid of horrible crowds. Plus, it's Wine & Dine Half Marathon night. It's going to be crazy at the resort next weekend! :mickey:

KylesMom
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh, to be there on 10/1 for the Gene Gonda appearance at Uptown . . . the last two years DS has had Mr. Gonda customize villain illustrtaions for him, but we've never been able to meet him in person. How cool - wish we could experience it firsthand.

Thanks for the info!

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I love the e-ticket merchandise that came out for the anniversary. Got some magnets, a memo pad and even baseball.

Christine
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Hooray! I'm gonna hafta get a cupcake!!! I wish I could do the castle presentation in the am but I'll be at the 5k haloween family fun run. I'm glad we are staying on property bc I think it truly will be a crazy weekend!

Thanks Jason!

mudpuppysmom
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
We'll have to see about getting the "kids" cupcakes!!! :mickey:

doombuggy
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Oh, to be there on 10/1 for the Gene Gonda appearance at Uptown . . . the last two years DS has had Mr. Gonda customize villain illustrtaions for him, but we've never been able to meet him in person. How cool - wish we could experience it firsthand.

Thanks for the info!

Gene works at AOD at DTD. He is doing an anniversary watch, and he also told me about a haunted mansion watch he is doing. i am not sure what his work schedule is, since I only work 2 days a week, but he is statused at DTD (in case you don't get to see him this weekend).

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2011, 06:21 PM
The cupcakes are going to be free... Just have to pay $29.99 plus tax if you are an adult and $23.99 plus tax for children just to enter the bakery...

That is a joke!!! LoL..

I also ready that a parade of 60 or so characters will be marching down Main Street from the train station to the castle to kick off the celebration at 10:00AM, right before the presentation... Meg "In Over Hear Head" Crofton will be giving a speech... :ack:

joanna71985
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
I want to go, but I'm afraid of it being very crowded =/

DizneyFreak2002
09-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I want to go, but I'm afraid of it being very crowded =/

I'll be there... leaving Thursday!!!!

TracyL
09-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I'll be there. Going to try to make park open, although that means a 6 AM up-time for me...
:alarm:

Knew I could count on INTERCOT for some inside scoop on what'll be going on. Not that it would matter -- I just want to be there on 40th birthday!

Will be tweeting from @mousketracy if you want to live vicariously through me, or send me an @ message in Twitter if you want to meet up. I'll wear my INTERCOT pin, or hat, or shirt, or something... :mickey: