PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Day 6 (Sept 8th)

Pop Centurion
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Day 6 was a non park day for us & a chance to sleep in late.
After relaxing most of the day at Pop we went to the bus stop at 3:30 to catch a bus for Hoop Dee Doo at 5:00
Normally we catch a bus to MK then take the boat but there was about 2 bus loads worth of people waiting already & we had already been waiting 20 mins. I wanted to get there early so we can explore some before dinner so when a bus pulled up for DHS I decided to take that one. (Bad move)
The bus driver decided to wait a few mins to see if anyone else came along. Once we got to DHS we went to the FW stop & waited another 30 mins :mad: Totally ridiculous for a bus.
One thing I didn't realize either was the bus didn't drop you off at the outpost so once at FW campground we had to wait for yet another bus. :mad: Should have waited out the 2nd MK bus!!!!
When we finally got off at the outpost we were 25mins late & I thought for sure we were out of luck since they only hold ressies for 15mins. As we ran towards Pioneer Hall a man yelled "are you here for the HDD" After we said yes & I apologized for being late, he said not to worry, the show still didn't start.
Wow! Talk about lucky. I thought for sure I lost my money on that one.
As for the show, I was highly disappointed. I was aware that some songs had to be changed due to some copyright issues so I was looking forward to the changes. But there were also all new CM who just didn't perform well compared to previous CM. For one, there was a skinny Six Bits that didn't have the same similar personality of all the others in the past. The show seemed like a 2nd rate attempt. Maybe I'm being harsh but after going to Hoop Dee Doo for 6 straight years I won't be going back.

One funny thing though was when they were about to enter the hall & you here the horse & carriage and the doors shake, a little boy (about 10yrs old) at the next table became terrified & jumped in his grandmothers lap. You could see the fear in his face as he begged her to take him outside. He kept repeating "I really don't like it here, I just want to go back outside"
I know I shouldn't laugh but that was a first, seeing a kid afraid at the HDD.

All was not lost though....
Afterwards we went to the Contemporary & watched a beautiful sunset over the MK followed by Wishes. Something so simple made the night so great & we also met some really nice people at the same time.

faline
09-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I haven't seenthe show for a while and wasn't aware of the changes. They don't appear to be positives.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh I hope this was just an off night.....hate to waste 2 credits for a bad show:)

pdrlkr
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Lovely ending!