PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Days 4 & 5 (Sept 6th & 7th)

Pop Centurion
09-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Day 4 took us to Epcot.
Nothing much to report except our dinner at Akershus was very good. After doing this 2 years in a row I have to say it will remain on our must do list.
Surprisingly it was pretty empty in WS for Illuminations. Usually by 8:00 the jutty at the Italy pavilion is beginning to get full but when we walked past there were only a handful of people there with plenty of space up front along the rail.
Also forgot we stopped in the caramel shop in Germany. As soon as you walk in the smell of caramel puts you in a trance. It's so hard to decide on something since it all looks & smells so good. I opted for the Caramel & Milk Chocolate which was like a 2in by 2in piece of heaven. I almost didn't want to share it with my wife. :blush:

Day 5 was in AK.
The first 4 days had us very tired so we slept a little late that day.
Once at the park we had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ then watched ITTBAB in which Hopper was fully functional even without the cancelled refurb. Had a rude family that sat in the middle of the row & refused to get up & move to the end. During the show a baby began to cry behind them & they had the nerve to turn & give dirty looks. I wanted to say "maybe if you moved down the row like you were supposed to that baby wouldn't be right behind you"
After that we watched Nemo the Musical which when I last saw it it in '07 I really didn't like it. This time around though I actually enjoyed it. Crush still doesn't have his typical voice IMO but it was better than my first experience.
Around 5:00 there was no wait for Everest so we took a quick ride before Dinner at Y&Y.
For Dinner I had the Spicy Seafood Curry as recommended by the manager. Man was it good. I enjoy bold & spicy flavors so at first the dish seemed too mild in flavor but as you ate more the flavor really stuck with you without overpowering at all. So the mildness was a good thing. It had tons of rice & seafood so I suggest going there hungry. I definitely couldn't finish it. For dessert I had the cream cheese wantons which is one of my favorites in all of WDW. If you've never tried them you're seriously missing out.
The staff really went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect just like our last visit.
After dinner it was pouring out so we broke out the poncho's & made a run for one of the shops. The park was already closed but we decided to take our time & walk around a bit. AK is such a great park when it clears out. I wish it wasn't raing because there were so many great photo's I could have captured with the park being so empty.

We were about to catch our bus back to Pop but it was so early still. We decided to catch the first resort bus we seen then from there go to DTD.
Had a nice laid back stroll in DTD then bought a specialty apple from the Candy Cauldron. I got it dipped in caramel, then white chocolate, then heath bar. It was huge & very hard to eat. I should have had it sliced when they asked but that would take the fun out of eating it. LOL!

My wife was still having headaches from the Star Tours Incident on day 2 & by now you could notice the bruise but we knew it was going to hurt for a while.

faline
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Very nice couple of days!

Your wife must have really gotten a hard hit from that door!

Pop Centurion
09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah it got her pretty good. The door itself is plastic but the force of it closing along with her quickly pulling back & hitting the other side of her head on the seat had her sore with a headache the entire trip. We eventually went back to try to file an actual report not just have it on record that we visited first aid & we were only given a card with a number to call if she had problems from guest services. I can't say for sure but we seemed to get a bad vibe from them as if they thought we were one of those people looking to sue Disney.
All we wanted to do was file an official report just in case it turned out she had a concussion or something. Her one eye even became very blood shot after a couple days. We just wanted to cover our butts not looking to sue for some ridiculous claim.
I can understand their concern with that since people try it all the time but at least take an official statement/report on paper.

Joannelet
09-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Geez she really hit her head hard! Always report it at the ride of the accident. I know we were trained and what to do etc if someone got hurt minor or major....so you may have gotten a different outcome if it was reported to cast members there. Ugh. I hope she is all healed up by now!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-22-2011, 08:23 AM
I hope it turned out okay. Thanks for the report.

I really got to try those caramels...

Suz36
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your wife's headaches continued throughout the trip. Is she OK now? It's also disappointing to hear that Disney was less than magical in dealing with the situation.

On a happier note, your descriptions of the delicious treats you were enjoying have made me very hungry! I could really go for a Dole Whip float right now!

Pop Centurion
09-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes to my wife. She still a little tender but nothing like she was. It's kind of expected though from the thump she took. I still joke with her about it though.

pdrlkr
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Now I MUST have some caramel from Germany!