PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Day 2 (Sept 4th)

Pop Centurion
09-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Our first park day & the tone was set early (read on)

Weather was not to humid but park was pretty packed since it was Labor Day weekend.
Went to DHS & FP's for TM were already gone. No big deal since we knew we'd definitely do it before our vacation was over.
We had a 3:30 ADR @ Mama Melrose w/ Fantasmic package so we decided to share lunch at the Backlot Express.
Headed to Star Tours which I was excited to go on since the update.

My wife had the end seat on the exit side & dropped her 3D glasses. She bent down to pick them up & the doors closed. I told her to watch out & tried to pull her back but the door caught her in the side of the head. The worse part was as she pulled away she hit the other side of her head on the seat in front of her. I could tell she was in pain but the ride was starting & we had to wait it out. (Ride was awesome BTW)
Once off the ride she was in tears & a CM asked if she was okay. She was kind of embarrassed & said yes & kept walking. I made her sit down before exiting into the gift shop.
I walked back & told another CM what happened & asked for an ice pack but was told to go to first aid in the front of the park.
The nurse in there was nice & also gave her a tylenol. We asked if we needed to file a report but she said when we signed in at first aid that was considered enough. Didn't seem right but we took her word for it.
We took it easy & just went in some shops until our ADR at Mama Melrose.
We were there before our ADR time but still waited long for a seat. The place was completely mobbed. Our server was very nice & the food was good.
For starters I had the mixed green salad with candied walnuts, pears, & gorgonzola cheese. It was good but could definitely use more dressing. My wife had the Minestrone which was good as well. For our entree's I had the Wood Grilled Tuna while my wife had the Chicken Parm. My Tuna was perfectly cooked & the risotto was quit tasty. The Chicken Parm was good too but nothing to brag about. I was pretty stuffed so I just went with the Vanilla Gelato & my wife had the chocolate cannoli cake. I tried her cake & it was good but way to rich when you're stuffed.
After that we just stuck with the mild rides since her head was still pretty rattled then eventually went to Fantasmic.
The package seating wasn't as bad as expected & we enjoyed the show after skipping it last year. Before the show I went for popcorn & beer. When I returned a women who my wife was talking with asked if the popcorn was fresh or stale so we told her to try ours. She was a little surprised we let a stranger stick their hand in our popcorn but I doubt she had anymore germs on her hands than all the rails we touched throughout the day. But anyway, she was really nice & my wife enjoyed their conversation.

After the show we left for MK for the EMH's. We arrived as Wishes was concluding so we had to navigate through the mob leaving the park. Went to Aloha Isle & enjoyed a Dole Whip float before going on POTC.
Once on the ride we noticed our boat was leaning badly to the left. The entire ride the bottom kept striking the bottom pretty hard. We knew something wasn't right & finally at the jail scene our boat got stuck ( read my report from that night for the full story (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=185354) ) After sitting there for an hour & 40 mins we were off the boat with nothing more than a fast pass :mad: Not to sound ungrateful but we lost 2/3rds of the EMH & got something that you can get for free at any time :mad:
Managed to fit in SWSA before we had to leave.

All in all a pretty ****** day because of the Star Tours & POTC incidents. But we were still in WDW so we remained happy.

faline
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Certainly not the best of Disney days!

Joannelet
09-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your wife got hurt! I haven't been on that ride in years. What door hit her in the head? I hope she was okay after this day. :( Head injuries are never fun. Glad you are both keeping your head up even though you had 2 incidents that weren't great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Oh your poor wife, I bet that really hurt:(

emerzmom
09-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Ouch! Sorry she got hurt.
:mickey:

Suz36
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
What a trooper your wife was, to stick it out for what seemed like a long day! I hope she didn't have any remaining issues for the rest of your trip! Hopefully the bumps in the road are all behind you now.

Pop Centurion
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
What a trooper your wife was, to stick it out for what seemed like a long day! I hope she didn't have any remaining issues for the rest of your trip! Hopefully the bumps in the road are all behind you now.

Thank you :)

pdrlkr
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
thanks for the report! Hope it gets better