PDA

View Full Version : Putting Resort address on GPS - can't find street!

TheVBs
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to put ASMu's location on our GPS, but it's telling me it doesn't recognize the street - West Buena Vista Drive. How do I get this to work??

Disney Hungarian
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I have both the Garmin and TomTom. Neither one are much use on Disney property and I tend to turn them off and just follow the cool street signs when there. I go through the Points of Interest (POI) menu and search for the hotel that way. One word of caution. Both of mine have the All-Stars located between Blizzard Beach and where they actually are.

BrerGnat
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Are you using Lake Buena Vista as the city? Our Garmin is SUCH a stickler that you have the city correct, or it can't find the street.

TheVBs
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, I did put in Lake Buena Vista for the city, and we have a Garmin too. I've tried putting the street name in different ways, abbreviating West and Drive, but still no luck. :( I know once we get on Disney property it will be easy to follow the signs. It would just be nice to get the address in the GPS.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
One time I used the wrong city on purpose to map a resort address, but the most successful way I have been able to map Disney property is to search for the resort/park as a point of interest instead of searching for an address.

TheVBs
09-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Finally got it!! :mickey: Went to POI as suggested and found it there - with the EXACT same address I entered in.

Thanks for all your replies and help! :mickey:

steamboat willy
09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm trying to put ASMu's location on our GPS, but it's telling me it doesn't recognize the street - West Buena Vista Drive. How do I get this to work??

I GOT the answer to solve the All-Star Music GPS problem.

I found the address of All-Star Sport on Google Earth. Use it, they share the same parking lot.

USE - 1701 W. Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL

That one works!

I'll be entering that one in the GPS TOMORROW NIGHT. Whoooo HOOOOO
Leaving out around 3:30 - 4:00 a.m. on the 23rd for Walt Disney World. :car:

See Ya Real Soon,

Steamboat Willy

TheVBs
09-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I GOT the answer to solve the All-Star Music GPS problem.

I found the address of All-Star Sport on Google Earth. Use it, they share the same parking lot.

USE - 1701 W. Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL

That one works!

I'll be entering that one in the GPS TOMORROW NIGHT. Whoooo HOOOOO
Leaving out around 3:30 - 4:00 a.m. on the 23rd for Walt Disney World. :car:

See Ya Real Soon,

Steamboat Willy

Good to know! Thank you! :mickey: I've got Music saved in favorites, so hopefully we're good. Looks like we'll be neighbors for a bit. :D

Ms. Mode
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
We had to use Orlando as the city, then the correct zip...it came right up. Good luck :)

Renfairwedding
09-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I found my GPS brings me to the CM/loading dock areas

kakn7294
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
We have a Magellan Roadmate - no problems with any WDW addresses.

PETE FROM NYC
09-21-2011, 06:26 PM
My GPS is a Navigon, bought at Radio Shack on sale 3 yrs ago. In 2009, it got us to Pop Century with no problems. I just plugged in the published address.
Now, in 2010, I tried to put in the address of BLT/Contemporary, and it was not accepted. What I did was to check out POIs in Orlando, and my destination was listed. Got all around WDW property with no problems.

DizneyRox
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Many GPS devices accept latitude and longitude as well.

We LOVE Disney
09-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Anyone have the address to Port Orleans Riverside :blush:

steamboat willy
09-21-2011, 10:27 PM
POR - Riverside Address is:

1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
32830-1000

Disney Hungarian
09-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Anyone have the address to Port Orleans Riverside :blush:1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830

NJGIRL
09-22-2011, 11:15 AM
In my GPS you can pick different cats like theme parks, gas stations, hotels etc. and then anything in that area comes up. You pick what you are looking for and the address and directions come up. You can probably do that for your Disney hotel.

Even if your GPS doesn't list your exact hotel (mine will) it will get you into the WDW complex and you can follow your hotel signs from there.

We LOVE Disney
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
POR - Riverside Address is:

1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
32830-1000

1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

We don't leave until next June but thought I would get an answer now before I forgot!

Strmchsr
09-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

We don't leave until next June but thought I would get an answer now before I forgot!

As was mentioned above, using the POI is usually the best way to find your way to your resort. Using POI's with my Garmin Nuvi I haven't had any trouble at all on Disney property.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-23-2011, 09:07 AM

I am pretty sure I would forget that I even asked by the time next June rolls around!

MyDisneyworld
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
I have been having a simliar problem with google maps trying to get trip directions to AKL kidiani. When I put in the address it shows on the other side of disney property in the woods??? I had to find it on the map and mark as my end point.

We LOVE Disney
09-24-2011, 10:22 PM
As was mentioned above, using the POI is usually the best way to find your way to your resort. Using POI's with my Garmin Nuvi I haven't had any trouble at all on Disney property.

So should I just put Port Orleans Riverside as my POI? I have a Garmin Nuvi also.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
09-24-2011, 10:36 PM
So should I just put Port Orleans Riverside as my POI? I have a Garmin Nuvi also. Thanks!

Yep. Just go to the POI section of your GPS, select lodging (don't forget to do "near - Orlando)" and type in Disney's Port Orleans. The only thing, my Garmin had both POFQ and POR listed simply as "Disney's Port Orleans" so I had to look at the address to make sure I had the right one, but it's there.

We LOVE Disney
09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Yep. Just go to the POI section of your GPS, select lodging (don't forget to do "near - Orlando)" and type in Disney's Port Orleans. The only thing, my Garmin had both POFQ and POR listed simply as "Disney's Port Orleans" so I had to look at the address to make sure I had the right one, but it's there.

Thanks so much :thumbsup: