PDA

View Full Version : Last Min trip free dining wat to do

Crow
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Wasnt gonna go but other plans got changed. So Im looking at WDW Oct 5 for six nights.
Of course limited availability. without going for a deluxe which doesnt make sense on free dining
Looks like CSR (which i like) for six nights would b $1772 inc 7 day passes and free dining. I know i can stretch dining to cover all 7 days no prob.
Or Allstars (which i much prefer POP) for 3 nights $928 inc 4day pass and 3day quick service(which i would upgrade) then either a downtown Dis hotel or Hilton Bonnet Creek which i found a rate comp to a disney mod and it looks nice
We would also go to Universal since we have a pass for a day. and wouldnt b spending every day in the parks
Any opinions?

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I would choose CSR, we like the convenience and the Disney extras on property...plus we had a bad experience at a DTD hotel....

Crow
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
which DTD hotel? Ive stayed at some yrs ago. waay back it was a travelodge and Ive stayed at the Hilton.Not my first choice but it could save $. still pondering

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
The one we've stayed at was Best Western and it was in 2005. It was around $250 a night and our non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke (I have a son with allergies and asthma), the room finishings were very worn and the bathroom was horrible...broken leaky ceiling tiles and mold everywhere ceiling, shower etc...it actually cost more than the Disney resort we stayed at the rest of the trip (Coronado Springs). I've heard some people singing the DTD resort praises but we won't try any again now that we're used to Disney standards. Some of the others may be good can comment on those.

I can say I've never had issues with a Disney resort whether value or moderate:mickey:

Kairi_7378
09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Crow, are you going with your fiancee, and has she been to CSR? If she hasn't, and you enjoy it, I'd consider going there again. Not sure if you've been there since the rehab but we were very happy with our stay here. Even with a few Signature meals we were able to stretch the free dining to cover the week's worth of food.

If you strongly prefer Pop to All Stars I'm not sure if you'd enjoy the All Stars quite as much. But if you're in the parks too much to notice the resort saving $$$ is always good.

Crow
09-21-2011, 11:38 PM
yes Id be going w her. I have stayed at Allstars. It was actually my first disney resort yrs ago, but since its older and locationwise its not my fav. but as said, wont b in room much.
She hasnt been to CSR but I have and like it. and since POFQ isnt available, i might go w that.