PDA

View Full Version : headless horseman

peter's #1 fan
09-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi
First time going to the halloween party and I heard that the Headless horseman rides first. Is this true? And where would be a good place to find a seat?
Thank you:party:

BugeyedMuggy
09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Yes he does and it is so cool. It is kind of quick. We found Main Street to be a good place but we have only been twice. Someone else may have a better spot.

peter's #1 fan
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
thank you my son is looking forward to this.

WDWForever
09-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, he rides out first. We went last year and was in Frontierland. Just make sure you're up front right next to the parade route. Another tip, make sure you're not right across from a light pole otherwise it couldn't ruin trying to take photos (happened to me).

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
This is awesome!! We like to be in Frontier Land as well. You can be up close where the "Town Crier" is telling the story of Ichabod Crane. Really cool, and then comes the Headless Horseman.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

DVC2004
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
YEs definitely Frontierland and BTW the Horseman is sooo cool! One of the coolest things I have seen. We went one year and saw him and the next year was a bummer, it was rainy and for safety he did not ride. I could totally understand though! My kids did not get to seem him but maybe this year. :number1:

Wall-e
09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I can't wait to see the headless horseman. Does he ride before both parades? I want to make sure I don't miss him if we go to the 2nd parade.

Thanks!

Main Street Jim
09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
*Absolutely* best palce to sit and see - and photograph - the Horseman?

Liberty Square, near the Liberty Bell side of the parade route, with the Mansion in the background :)

Not only is Liberty Square "period correct" for the Horseman, but, if I recall, he'll stop the horse in that corner, and pull on the reigns to make the horse stand up on its hind legs :)

Oh - and as the horse gallops, his horseshoes will *spark* off the street :)

linedropper
09-21-2011, 09:47 PM
first time we saw him in 2006 we were at liberty square and it was awesome, cant wait to get back and see it again in a few weeks!:mickey:

MNDisney Dad
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM
I think he usually rides through about 5 minutes before the parade starts, going from Frontierland up to Main Street along the parade route.

Melanie
09-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Our favorite place for viewing the Headless Horseman, and the parade, is in Liberty Square, as it just seems appropriate. It's one of those very cool Disney touches.

Going tomorrow night. Can't wait! :mpumpkin:

crltkcagle
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I think he usually rides through about 5 minutes before the parade starts, going from Frontierland up to Main Street along the parade route.
I was going to point this out. He did appear about ten minutes before the parade started. I didn't have my video camera set and missed him. :(

Ribeyespud
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Dying to know if the headless Horseman rides twice a night (once for each parade) and if it's true that there is a town crier for the story, and if the Horseman "Rears up" the horse and if so where to catch it for sure...Can anyone share? Oh yeah, has anyone done the haunted carridge ride? Is it a must do kinda thing or just a nice extra? Any help is much appreciated

WDW&MK
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I was at the 9/13 party and yes, he did ride before both parades. He rides a few minutes before the parades start, so get your spot early. Also, don't get too comfy because you cannot be sitting on any curb (like further down on main street) or anything like that when he rides through. We were right at the corner in frontierland where the street going to "mountains" intersects with the street in front of Pecos bills. (literally right at the start of the parade). We did not hear a town crier in that area.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-24-2011, 10:56 PM
As others have said, he's quick. I leaned over to talk to a woman in a wheelchair and boom, he went right past me. I got to see the tail end of the horse and that was all.

Melanie
09-25-2011, 10:45 AM
We were there Friday night, and he rode for both parades. About 10 minutes before parade time, and right before he comes through your area, his story is told over the speakers.

For the late parade Friday night, he stopped for a long time right before the bridge which runs from Liberty Square into the Hub. I guess they didn't have the area clear for him yet. I'd died to have been up closer, but we were sitting down by Hall of Presidents.

Ditto on the light pole suggestion. I've had this issue in the past, and it again was a problem for me the other night. Those bright lights can really ruin pics, not only of HH, but also of the parade.

Imagineer1981
09-26-2011, 12:14 PM
whats really cool is the rider can't see and the horse is trained to run the parade route. He can only slow the horse up if needed

Main Street Jim
09-27-2011, 05:22 PM
whats really cool is the rider can't see and the horse is trained to run the parade route. He can only slow the horse up if needed...which is what made Ike so *awesome* :) He knew exactly where to run (gallop) and slow down for the corners.

I had heard that a new horse learned the route a couple years back, but don't know what his name is :(

disneydeb
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I can't WAIT to see it again!!!

October 10th!!:D

TikiLounger
09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Liberty Square! The best place to see him!

disneymaniacswc
10-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I missed him totally the first time we went. This year I missed him on video, but got a cool pic. If you hear hoofbeats, it's probably too late, so when it gets close to time PAY ATTENTION. LOL