PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "Hot, hot, HOT!!" trip report - part 8

Dsnygirl
09-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Thursday, August 25 -

Today was our next waterpark day -- Blizzard Beach!! We were a bit apprehensive about the start of the day, as rain was forecast for early on... but we decided to make a go of it, anyway. Hurrican Irene, or whatever part of her was going to affect us, wasn't going to get in our way! ;)

We were over at the park right around opening, and found a great spot for our stuff... knowing of the possibility of rain, we chose to put everything under one of their cabanas, and it was a good choice, b/c the rain DID come! More on that later...

After settling in, we headed once again straight for the wave pool... we all got inner tubes and floated around for quite awhile. So nice! We practically had to DRAG the girls out, though... I figured lines were going to start to get long, and boy was I right! The first ride we chose to try we ended up waiting almost 45 minutes... I think it was the Downhill Double Dipper... not sure what the hold-up was, as it was about the shortest ride on property once we went down!

After that, the clouds really started to roll in, and halfway through waiting for one of the toboggan rides, the rain came. And came and came and came... holy moly, it actually LOOKED like it was blizzarding for awhile!! Thankfully, it was Florida rain, and not all that cold... but without the sun, and rain being what it is, we were still pretty chilly. It lasted about 15-20 minutes, and ended right as we were ready to go down. Yeah! We got off and went right back on for the other 2 toboggan rides... and then it was time for some food.

At this point, we found one of the hidden treasures of the water parks... the mini donut stand!! :cloud9: Can I just tell you, this was one of our FAVORITE places, bar none?? Imagine... coming off some cool, wet rides... after enduring a cold rainstorm... and finding a spot that sells warm, just made mini donuts rolled in loads of real sugar... then scooped into a big box and handed to you to devour... let's just say after we wolfed down the first box of 12 we went right back for 12 more... that's right, 24 mini donuts gone in about a 1/2 hour between 4 of us. :blush: Trust me, if you find the place, you'll do the same thing!

After gorging ourselves, we decided to let the girls explore the teen area and my DH and I relaxed nearby for awhile... we then grabbed lunch before heading off to ride the family raft ride, after which I took my DD10 on the ski lift to the top of Mount Gushmore so we could do the Slush Gusher while my DH took our other DD to the wave pool. My DD10 REALLY wanted to do Summit Plummet, but after waiting in the line for Slush Gusher, she decided it wasn't worth it, so after we both hit the bottom, we went to meet my DH and other DD in the wave pool. We all hung out here for quite awhile, before I went back to relax at our cabana and my DH took the girls to ride a few last things. When they got back, clouds were forming yet again, so we escaped before the rain and made it back to CBR w/o getting doused.

Our evening plans were to have dinner at the Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic package... we weren't to sure how this would work, as we'd tried it years ago and hadn't really ended up with great seats, even with the package... but tonight, it worked out perfectly! We got there and were gotten in right on time... we had time afterwards to ride Star Tours & the Great Movie Ride, and then it was on to Fantasmic. We had GREAT seats... about 5 or 6 rows up, close enough to see perfectly but far enough back to not get wet. We were crossing our fingers that the show would even happen... the skies were crazy cloudy and dark, and even during the announcements before the show they kept warning us that the show could be delayed or cancelled due to incoming weather. Thankfully, it was a fast-moving system and the show went off without a hitch... our girls LOVED it (our now DD10 had seen it when she was almost 5, so didn't remember it at all... our DD13 remembered it only a little, as she'd been almost 8) and my DH enjoyed it.... I was lukewarm on it, just like I'd been 5 years ago. :rolleyes: Oh well... with all the things I love at Disney, I guess not everything will be a "score!" for everyone. It was still good to see it, and to know it's not a "must do" for every trip.

Afterwards, we were able to quickly get on TSM... my DH and I finally got to ride together, and although he beat me (as usual...) I did the best I've ever done, and it was a fun ending to the day!

We were very ready for bed by the time we got back to our room... the water parks really take it out of you, and with everything we'd done afterwards, those beds felt great!

Link to part 9 - http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2210051#post2210051

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Glad you got to see Fantasmic, thanks for the report

faline
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Another very busy day! I agree! Water parks can be very tiring - although they certainly are fun!

Disney4us2
09-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Even with the rain, sounds like a fun time at Blizzard Beach.

While you were there, we were trying to stay dry at DTD.;)

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-22-2011, 01:56 PM
OMGosh... those donuts :secret:

Back in the day of the premium park pass, I would go to BB (fully dressed w/o a bathing suit/towel or any swim paraphernalia what so ever) Just to get a couple (yes a couple) orders to bring back to the room for breakfast. :mickey:

LOVE THOSE THINGS.... I wish they could be somewhere else in the world... not just BB.

pdrlkr
09-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Mackflava99
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Excellent report, thanks- my kids love those mini donuts-!!