PDA

View Full Version : DVC Discounted AP

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I have an interesting ticket purchasing question. We are DVC members, but only my wife's name is listed as the "member" on our account. I will be in WDW in just over 3 weeks for a conference and I plan to purchase an AP. The DVC discount is substantial -- $100. But the information online and from DVC Member Services says that the DVC member card must be presented at the time I pick up my AP along with a photo ID showing that I live in the same household with the DVC member. Unfortunately, I will be there without my wife on this trip, and DVC member services says that she needs to be physically present with me since the DVC member card is in her name.

Has anyone else encountered this situation? Any ideas on how I can get the DVC discount without my wife being present? It doesn't seem to make sense to me that just because our membership is nominally in my wife's name, I should not be able to take advantage of the discounted AP without her present.

Thanks for any input.

DizneyRox
09-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Sounds like only she is the member, otherwise your name would be on the contract. She should call MS and aks again. There was recently someone who's kids were going to WDW and they wanted to get them an AP, but they were going with another family. MS was able to make a notation and gave them some info on how to go about doing this.

If you are married, then you ARE entitled to the discount, it's just a matter of how you can prove you are eligible.

Disney is super strict about discounts. Get the process outlined and get names and dates in order so that everything can go as smooth as possible while you are in the world.

PETE FROM NYC
09-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Try calling the DVC rep who originally sold you the contract.