PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new Breakfast place

Disnamic Duo
09-20-2011, 09:14 AM
We're looking for a new place for a delicious breakfast. We've been going to Boma on our last day for years, but we're going to break tradition this year. It could be anywhere (park, resort, DTD). Here are places we've been:
-Boma
-Chef Mickey's
-'Ohana
-Kona
-Crystal Palace
-Maya Grill
-Boatwright's

So, what have we been missing out on? What's a great place you know about? It could be buffet or sit down, character or not. We just want something good for a new breakfast experience. Thanks for the help!

tennantsrwe
09-20-2011, 09:27 AM
1900 Park Fare @ GF has a good buffet :thumbsup:

rhonary
09-20-2011, 09:36 AM
We really enjoy the GF Cafe:thumbsup:

Rosanne
09-20-2011, 09:41 AM
If you are considering places in the park, try Tusker House. It's a really nice place, a little different from the "traditional" Disney breakfast fare.

Also, if you can, get a ressie before DAK opens. It's really beautiful and serene prior to park opening. :)

Tygger7
09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
We're going to try Kona for breakfast in December. I looked at the menu and everything sounded sooooo delicious, I couldn't resist!:cloud9:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-20-2011, 09:47 AM
We love Tusker House. It offers a great beginning to our morning at Animal Kingdom park. We get a early ressie and then can enjoy the morning in the park. Mornings and late evenings are when the animals are most active.

Tygger7
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Sorry...duh. I thought at first glance your list was of placed you HAVEN'T tried. We ate at Whispering Canyon for breakfast once and it was REALLY good. Other than that, we usually just grab a quick snack.

Mousemates
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
for something new and a change of pace maybe try pollo campero at Downtown Disney. It wouldn't be my choice for breakfast everyday, but its different and was enjoyed greatly by my family on our last visit. (I know plantains and refried beans (along with more traditional fare like eggs and bacon) might not sound like breakfast, but it works out rather nicely).

ml283
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
We have a similar tradition. For some reason, we always went to Tony's Town Square in the MK on our last morning. No idea why we'd go there for breakfast and not dinner, but it's really, REALLY good. Another place we sometimes go for breakfast is the main breakfast place at the Contemporary. Forget the name, but the best bagels and lox at WDW!

diz_girl
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
GF Cafe. Great food and atmosphere.

I've heard that Tusker house is also very good, but good luck getting a reservation. I tried 3 months in advance of our November trip and there was only one opening for one day at 10 am out of the seven days of our trip.

I don't think that Tony's does breakfast anymore, except for Grand Gatherings. But since Grand Gatherings are being discontinued (in January I think), maybe they'll do breakfast there again.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Tusker House is by far one of our favourites for breakfast. Great food (and a good mix of "different" and traditioanl food), good service and great character interaction.

We have also done breakfast at WCC and really enjoyed it. Much more laid back, tons of food and we had a good time.

BeccaO
09-20-2011, 02:10 PM
1900 Park Faire has a most fantastic breakfast!!! They have characters too, but the food is AMAZING!!!!!

ElenitaB
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
If you chose to not go to a TS, Wolfgang Puck Cafe has really incredible breakfasts: the breakfast pizza was huge and so tasty that it's been imitated at home many times.

MinnieMommie
09-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Kona is my fav but that is on your list so I am placing a vote for 1900 Park Fare. The food is very good for a buffet here. Have heard good things about Kouzina but have not tried this yet. Also, the breakfast at Captain's Grille is a real sleeper. Great food, pleasant staff and reasonably priced. You can order from the menu or the breakfast buffet. Both very good!

Disnamic Duo
09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! My wife and I looked them up last night (photos, menus, descriptions). At this point we're leaning towards 1900 Park Fare. We both like the atmosphere at the GF a lot, and a character b'fast might be a fun send off for us. This will be the last thing we do before we drive home.

If you have other suggestions I'd still like to hear them. Thanks!