PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "Hot, hot, HOT!!" trip report - part 5

Dsnygirl
09-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Monday, August 22 -

Today we were up early and ready to hit the water... Typhoon Lagoon was our waterpark of choice for today, and we couldn't wait!! My DH and I hadn't been since '97, and our girls had never been, so we were ready!

We were there not long after park opening... we took our car, which was a blessing later, and sure made arrival easy!

After finding a spot to stow our belongings, we were off to explore the rides... well, after riding some stellar waves first! :surfing: That was the girls' first choice above all -- the wave pool... but who can blame 'em, right? Then it was time for some tube rides... we had a BLAST on them... and then we were off to try the snorkeling. :snorkel: I have to admit... for something we were SOOOO excited to try, this didn't really work for us. :( Our masks were all fogged up, no matter what we did... I ended up with mouthfuls of saltwater almost immediately when I tried to clear it and had to start over, and our DD10's head was too small to fit the snorkel mask, so she had to try with her own goggles, and that just doesn't work well. So -- I'm sure we'll try again next year, now that we have a better idea what to expect, and she's older, but for a first try, it was pretty underwhelming.

Thankfully, afterwards we decided it was lunch time, and that helped quite a bit... we also ran into some fellow Intercotees while we were at Typhoon Tilly's, which was FUN!! So great to put faces with names and get to know each other in person... they were sweet and nice and our girls made friends with theirs, which was awesome for when we found them in other parks during our visit! :thumbsup:

After lunch, the girls wanted the wave pool again, so my kind DH took them back in while I waited in a lounge chair with a Rum Runner... not a bad gig, if you can get it! :D

Soon, though, the skies were threatening and thunder/lightening rolled in... and honestly, we were barely out the turnstyles when the skies began to unload on us. This was where having our car turned out to be a blessing... we sprinted to it and jumped in, still relatively dry, and were on our way back to the resort with ease.

Believe it or not, even after a day at TL, the girls wanted the pool, so we spent a bit of time there after the rain before getting ready to go to MK for the evening... you'd think they'd have been waterlogged by now!

Once we got to MK, we headed to Cosmic Ray's for dinner, and then it was time for rides... we did as many as we could before getting back to the hub for Wishes, although it was pretty crowded so we didn't get on too much. We were pretty surprised by the crowds... we figured that by this time, the parks would have quieted down, but not yet!!

For anyone who saw my post re: the CM's at Wishes one night, this was the night... I won't get into again, suffice to say that it wasn't the best experience, and Wishes was tainted by her actions. Thankfully, we've seen it enough that it was okay... and we knew we'd see it again before we left... but I felt bad for anyone who was new and hadn't seen the fireworks before... it would not have been a pleasant experience.

Afterwards, we could barely get out of the park... Main St was wall-to-wall people, and we had to go through the Emporium just to be able to move. (I know, tough call... took one for the team.... :shop: ) By the time we were done, we figured catching a bus would be the least of our worries... boy, were we wrong!! Holy moly, when we got out to the buses, lines were insane... and for our particular resort?? It wound back past two other bus stops!! So, to make a long story short, after evaluating every other way we could possibly make it back to our resort before dawn, we decided to make the walk to the Contemporary, and catch a bus from there to DTD, and from there back to CBR. It definitely turned out to be the right move, but it still wasn't easy on the timing, and we didn't get to bed 'til 1am or so. :confused: Not something we had ever experienced before, and not something we favor repeating!

But... all in all, trip home aside... it had been a wonderful day, and we were safe & cozy in our beds, looking forward to tomorrow... so it was all still good!

Link to part 6 - http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2209602#post2209602

princessgirls
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Blythe,

Typhoon Lagoon was a fun day!! Sorry you didn't have a good experience in Shark Reef. My crew loved it. I did it once, and that was enough for me, I did see a good amount of fish, sharks, sting rays. YIKES...that is NOT my thing!!!!

It was great meeting up with you and your family. You have such nice girls!! Fun loving!!

What was up with the transportation out of the Magic Kingdom the week we were there? IT was horrific! One night the monorail was completely down and that make things NUTS, and other nights there was just so much congestion. Crazy!!
Thanks for your report!
Julie:mickey:

faline
09-20-2011, 11:53 AM
With all that swimming and a long commute home, I would have been exhausted!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I can't wait until my girls are old enough and strong enough swimmers to really, really get our $$ worth out of the water parks.

Crazy crowds is the reason we go to wdw off season!

Glad you made it back safely!!! Nothing like you're own bed (even though its just your "disney home"). :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
09-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: