PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "Hot, hot, HOT!!" trip report - part 4

Dsnygirl
09-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Sunday, August 21 -

Today we got up reasonably early... not TOO early, but on time enough to get ourselves to AK in time for a good safari. It's our favorite way to start the day there, and we weren't disappointed! My DH ran to get us FP's to EE and met us in Harambe (my favorite place to be in AK...) at the entrance, and soon we were off... it was early enough that we really had no line, and the animals were all up & about, which was great!! My DH had his new camera with him and got some GREAT shots, and my DD10 was STILL fooled by the poachers and the baby elephant. :D

After saying "kwahiri" to our guide, we were off to the Pangani Forest Trail... I was hoping for some wild & crazy gorillas like the last time I saw them, but they were all crashed out, asleep... but it was still a nice walk, even in the heat.

From there, we headed to Dinosaur... I think it's our favorite ride at AK... and we had fun posing for the picture, and liked it enough that we [finally] bought one. ;)

Then it was time to tackle Everest and the Yeti... I love this ride... the theming, the ride up the mountain... even getting to the broken railway. But the backwards part?? Not so much... I tolerate it for the sake of the rest of the ride, although my family LOVES it. I always ride it at least twice during a trip, and then I'm good... and never in a row, I learned that a few years ago. :ack:

We were suddenly all famished, and headed for Flame Tree Bbq... we always say we're going to try some place new, but we never do! We had a great lunch there... my DH got his traditional ribs, while the girls and I tried the turkey sandwich and fruit plates, which we split between us. The fruit plates are HUGE, and so fresh and good... and the turkey sandwich was great, I LOVE the bread they use. We were visited by the ducks, etc... which we all love... it's part of the reason we go there, although I know some people hate having them so close. But we don't mind, and we obey the rules - mostly - :blush: - and enjoy their company.

After lunch, we all voted that it was time to return to the resort to swim... it felt SO good after the heat of the day, and we were refreshed for the rest of our evening afterwards.

For dinner tonight we were headed off property... a complete & total first for us, as we usually NEVER leave our happy place for anything. :) But, our friends that live in Celebration have a favorite restaurant they've been raving about for months (who can resist drinks called Mucho Margaritas?? :marg:) and we were joining them there, with our other friends who were down from Canada. (Yes, the group we hung out with at Kidani the night before... can't get enough of them all... :cloud9: ) It was such fun.... the kids still all got on fabulously, as did the adults, the margaritas were all they were promised to be, the food was great, and we left very, very full & very, very happy.

From here, we went our separate ways again... we were headed to DHS to get on some of our favorite rides. The skies were particularly beautiful tonight... I wish I knew how to imbed pictures here, I'd love to put a few in my report of the skies as we re-entered Disney, and of the HM. They were stunning. The lines were low and we were able to ride RnRc twice, ToT and then Star Tours twice... although my DH only rode it once, he wasn't so sure it a second time around right away. It was our first time on since it had been re-done, and I've got to say... Disney nailed this one. It's wonderful -- and so fun to visit all the different places. :thumbsup:

We stayed right up to park closing and did a little bit of shopping on our way out... after two late nights, we were ready for a earlier trip to bed! Plus, tomorrow held Typhoon Lagoon for us... you know you've gotta rest up if you're going to battle the water slides!!

Link to part 5 - http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2209600#post2209600

princessgirls
09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Blythe,

A great wonderful magical Disney Day!!! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Terrific day - filled with fun at the parks and fun with friends!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a great day...we never venture off site either....

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2011, 01:31 PM
We always say we'll visit Celebration but, we just never get that far!!!

I love the FTB.... can't wait to eat there. My mouth is watering.

We found that the mid-day swim and nap is CRUCIAL to our trips after forcing ourselves to do so w/ our young girls.

Off to the next one!

pdrlkr
09-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: