PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from 8 days of Magic!

crltkcagle
09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
9/10- AK- started the day off with a good breakfast at Tusker House. On the way out we got to meet Baloo and King Louey! They were quite energetic and lots of fun! The we rode Everest twice in a row and Kali three times in a row! There was never a wait for any rides today and it was amazing! I am also happy to report that Hopper is fully functional in Its tough to be a bug! Guess they got him to work and that's why they canceled the refurb! We were able to go everything in this park multiple times! At the end of the day we rode Everest for a grand total of 7 times and we lost track of how many times we rode Kali! We actually got to stay on Kali for three trips in a row at the end without having to get out of our boat! This was a great day!

9/11- MK- another wonderful day in the world. Crowds were a little4 heavier and we were able to ride all the rides! We did still collect fast passes but the waits were never longer than 40 minutes! We did notice a large population of Brazilian guest and thought we maybe stumbled upon some sort of event we were not aware of.

9/12- HS This park was crowded and boy was it hot! The kids were thrilled to meet Phineas and Ferb and they were a lot of fun! We again noticed a large Brazilian crowd in the park and started to feel left out as we were were of the few who spoke English that day. It was hard to communicate to fellow visitors about lines and cutting since they didn't speak English and we barely know Spanish. Still not sure if we stumbled upon a conference or something?

9/13- MK this was an awesome day! Since the park closes early for MNSSHP NO ONE showed up! The wait times were never over ten minutes anywhere the entire day! Of course Splash was down for a while along with PoC but I think thats because they were setting up for the party. I actually took pictues of the empty queue lines to prove just how empty it was! We walked right on to Space Mountain all day! The CM's were so bored they kept stopping us and giving us stickers all day! This was a great day and MNSSHP was awesome!!

9/14- Epcot the crowds were not that bad; nothing had more than a 30 -45 minute wait with the exception of soarin which got up to 65 a one point. We were able to ride all the rides in future world multiple times. They were not any lines in innoventions so we actually got to partake in the make your own video game and roller coaster experiences. The kids really enjoyed this! We did notice that most of the Nemo ride was not functioning. The scary fish was broken along with the shark. We also got stuck in Spaceship Earth but it was in the best part (at the top) so it wasn't that bad.

9/15- HS Holy Hollywood Studios was it crowded!! The restaurants, the rides, the shows, you name it, and it was packed! We began to get quite annoyed with a few folks here. Lots of people were standing in fast pass lines or single rider lines only to get up to the front and find out they didn't have fast passes or wanted their group to stay together and would argue with CM's in a different language while we just stood there waiting for them to finish arguing! They would hold up the entire attraction doing this and it really got old by the end of the day! I understand there was a language barrier but it was not fair to the rest of us who were doing things correctly and having to wait for these people to try and get their points across in a language the cm's did not understand! This wasted a good portion of our day but for the most part the cm's stood their ground and make the rule breakers go back to the correct line! We did get our VIP seating for Fantastmic if that's what you can call it. We got there when they told us to and we barely got a seat! There was a nice gentleman who was standing up and asked if we were looking for seat and he directed us to sit next to his family. Thank goodness for him or we would have been standing up as well! So much for VIP seating!

9/16- Epcot- we got off to a late start here but it was a very nice day! The weather was hot but the park was not extremely crowded. We were only able to visit half of the countries because of dining reservations. Nemo was still not functioning but everything else seemed to be working fine.

9/17- We started the day with breakfast at our hotel and boy oh boy was it packed! I could not believe the amount of people in the cafeteria! We drove to the TTC and it was worse! The monorail line was so long we went straight to the ferry! It took us over an hour just to get to MK! The park was extremely crowded and I began to wonder if we woke up in the middle of summer! Today was not your normal "September crowds" It was jam packed! This was our last day and we really wanted to see the magic the memories and you and the electrical parade. I figured I would grab a spot for us around 6:30 since the parade started at 8. Boy was I wrong! At 6:30 there were no front row spots along the entire parade route around the castle. I found a spot in the second row and sat there for 45 minutes fighting people off. I called my hubby and told him that he and our kids had to hightail it over and get their spots! We had to sit on that boiling hot cement for quite some time to get a good spot. And in the end it didn't really matter because the crowds were so thick we had to hold the kids up to see the parade anyway! They kept pushing forward and it was madness! I should have just enjoyed the rides instead of wasting hours sitting there in that spot. Oh well lesson learned!

All in all it was a great trip and lots of good memories were made. I don't think we will ever go during September again because our dining experiences weren't that great and we must have stumbled upon a Brazilian conference that made some of the parks really crowded. The only reason we took the kids out of school for a week was for light crowds and MNSSHP and seeing that the crowds were not all that light its not worth them missing an entire week of school. I think we will stick with our last week in May trips as the crowds seem to be lighter then compared to September.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a good trip with the exception of the rude guests. Thanks for the report

faline
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
You certainly had lots of variation in your level of crowds during this trip! Some really good, uncrowded days and some really crowded days!

January-2007
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

SBETigg
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Kelly, odd that the crowds were suddenly there when you had such a nice earlier part of the week. But a good report and glad you had fun. Thanks.

crltkcagle
09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I know the concierge at Port Orleans told me they had over 600 guest checking in two days before we were checking out. I think a large crowd is there now. Looks like we may it out just in time! :mickey:

I also had to add in a really funny experience we had during wishes. We were sitting in front of the castle waiting for the show to begin. About five minutes before the show began two people stood up in the front. All of a sudden people started screaming sit down! SIT DOWN! They started screaming it in every language you could imagine. The funniest part is the man and woman just stood there ignoring everyone for a good three minutes until he finally turned around a screamed in his Russian accent, Shut up people, you stand up! LOL!! My husband and I couldn't help but laugh our butts off! I am pretty sure some of the things being shouted were profanities but there were so many languages being shouted I am not sure. :D

slottedpig
09-20-2011, 07:52 AM
I have been using touring plans for the first time to help plan our upcoming trip ( we leave tomorrow) and have been very curious to see if it works well. I checked your report against their per park crowd level estimates and they predicted your experience reasonably well. For example your crowded DS day was a 7.2 crowd level and your awesome MK day was a 1.1. Glad you had a good time.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2011, 02:47 PM
thanks for the report! We loved September until we discovered the 3rd full week of October to be EXCELLENT!!!! no waits...

that week, coupled with touring plans crowd tracker always proves to be EXCELLENT timing!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
09-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: