PDA

View Full Version : Glee Season 3

White Rose
09-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey there everyone!

Don't forget that the new season of Glee is set start again on Tuesday at 8pm! I'm REALLY looking forward to this season, especially as I followed the The Glee Project this summer and I'll forward to seeing the winners on Glee this season!

VWL Mom
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the reminder!

I'm looking forward to seeing Sam and Damian, the other two not so much. You just know Alex is going to be some puffed up diva and Lindsay will be another Rachel.

SBETigg
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I hope it's more like Season 1 in the storytelling. Season 2 was okay, but not as strong.

JanetMegan
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow this so used to be my favorite show and it's not even holding my attention this season...what do you guys think? The music is eh, the storylines are eh...

MNNHFLTX
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow this so used to be my favorite show and it's not even holding my attention this season...what do you guys think? The music is eh, the storylines are eh...
Well, except that I was going to say "meh" instead of "eh", you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I think the novelty has worn off for me. The only thing that I think was interesting in the last show was how Mercedes kept saying she didn't feel good and no one paid any attention to that. I do wonder what is going on with her.

JanetMegan
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I just thought maybe she was faking not feeling good to get out of practice for the club? I don't know but I'm sort of sad about the whole thing. I really really liked the show the first season, last season was decent but now it just sort of isn't very good at all. I probably won't stop watching but to tell the truth I did dishes and cooking while I watched this past week cause I just couldn't sit through it.

Melanie
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
It got too heavy with the guest stars and 'theme' shows last season, and got away from storytelling, which made the first season great. I'm still hoping it redeems itself.

VWL Mom
11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Is it me or is this season going downhill quickly? Glad I dvr it because I can zip through it quickly! The story lines have really gone astray IMO.

jnfr2424
11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Is it me or is this season going downhill quickly? Glad I dvr it because I can zip through it quickly! The story lines have really gone astray IMO.

:ditto: not sure where they are going but glad I dvr too otherwise yawn!!

tinkwest
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
We have several episodes still sitting on our DVR waiting for someone in the household to watch them. One is back from before baseball took over the time slot for a while. It just doesn't hold my interest anymore.

JanetMegan
11-09-2011, 08:33 AM
It has really jumped the shark for us too. I'm sort of not thrilled with the whole Quinn and Puck trying to get the baby back storyline, as well as some of the others. It is sort of sad, this really used to be our favorite show.

SBETigg
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
A lot of last night's episode was awkwardly written for me. The acting and singing was great, as usual, but it just all seemed so... desperate? rushed? It wasn't quite right somehow. A lot of out of character moments.

citizensnoopy
11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
A lot of last night's episode was awkwardly written for me. The acting and singing was great, as usual, but it just all seemed so... desperate? rushed? It wasn't quite right somehow. A lot of out of character moments.

Ditto. I thought it was a lame storyline.

PirateLover
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
I think Ryan Murphy decided he wanted to do this big double you know what episode with lots of buildup... and I have to admit I was also disappointed in the overall way it went down. It's hard to get into specifics trying remain intercot friendly... but the whole original "reason" for "loosing it" was just absolutely ridiculous. For majority of the play, Maria and Tony's relationship is all about the tension leading up to the moment so Artie's direction made no sense to me, because in that sense Rachel and Blaine were perfect to play the sort of naive, totally infatuated role.

My other main gripe is... I wanted more ACTUAL production numbers! Not rehearsals! And why on earth were Rachel and Blaine singing with their sheet music for "Tonight" when Artie had said they were days away from the show?? I know it's nit picky but in every musical I was in you would be full on rehearsing the number, off book, by that point.

Also not a fan of the Quinn wanting to steal the baby/ Puck and Shelby cougar plotline. Yet, I still watch :)

MNNHFLTX
11-09-2011, 10:37 PM
My other main gripe is... I wanted more ACTUAL production numbers! Not rehearsals! And why on earth were Rachel and Blaine singing with their sheet music for "Tonight" when Artie had said they were days away from the show?? I know it's nit picky but in every musical I was in you would be full on rehearsing the number, off book, by that point.
Too funny-- my thoughts exactly! That and how could those guys go to that bar and get served alcohol? It's sad when glaring inconsistencies stand out more than the main plot-line.

Davyjones
11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I used to watch Glee the first season, but I think that after that, the quality of the entire show went downhill. The 2nd season was average at best, but I haven't even seen a full episode of this season yet. I just can't watch a full one anymore. I still think the music is awesome, but I can't actually watch the show anymore. I'll just watch/listen to the musical numbers on Youtube now.

Unfortunately, I think that Glee has jumped the shark at this point. :shark: Which is, again, unfortunate cause the first season was amazing.

Dopey's Girl
11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I just finished watching tonight's ep. Not sure I will continue watching. There are some things I love about the show (songs, Blaine), but some of the storylines just aren't cutting it. They aren't on next week, I'll watch in 2 weeks, but I'm thinking this is coming off the must watch list. :(

jnfr2424
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Tonight's episode has been the best one of season 3 the mashups were great! Loved the Adele mash up I already downloaded it from iTunes
I also think Ryan Murphy is too busy with boosting American Horror Story to bother with Glee

MNNHFLTX
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Okay, I have been watching Glee half-heartedly this season, but tonight's episode caught me by surprise on so many levels. Anyone else watch?

VWL Mom
02-22-2012, 06:31 AM
I love Rachel's dads!! I agree, tonight's episode had so much to it. Being the mom of 2 teen boys though the ending was my biggest nightmare, they just don't get it.

Did it say the next new episode was in April?

Katzateer
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I love her dad's also.

And the ending last night....I could tell what was coming as soon as she as she was texting. One of my daughters friends had a really bad accident last year doing this she is ok but lost her license for a year, a new car was totaled and she had to do community service (but she was lucky to just escape with a broken leg).

SBETigg
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I love her dad's also.

And the ending last night....I could tell what was coming as soon as she as she was texting. One of my daughters friends had a really bad accident last year doing this she is ok but lost her license for a year, a new car was totaled and she had to do community service (but she was lucky to just escape with a broken leg).

Yeah, I saw it coming too. Well, my husband saw it coming before they even showed Quinn in the car, which surprised me. As soon as she agreed to attend, he said something was going to happen to her to change their lives and cancel the wedding. Huh. Who is the fiction writer in the house? (Not him, maybe we should change jobs). It was a really sad episode for me with the attempted suicide and bullying, and then that ending. All too real problems on Glee for a change.

JanetMegan
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I was two episodes behind, now only one (probably shouldn't have come here to read...) Anyways I just don't know what happened with this show for me. We were very disappointed with the Valentine's Episode for the most part (although Mercedes rendition of the Whitney song was both masterful and haunting as well as ironic.)

Neither the storylines or the characters are doing it for us anymore. We both used to enjoy the show and now me only half heartedly and dbf has really almost gone the other way on it. It tends to sit on the DVR instead of being the first thing we watched. I still like the musical numbers for the most parts but sometimes I feel as if some of the topics/storylines are being shoved down my throat a bit. I'll sort of leave it there.

Joannelet
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
I finally got around to watching this episode last night! I have a newborn so that's my excuse for being so far behind lol.
Anyways the rendition oh Halestrom's song "here's to us" was wonderful! Best song of the night.
The kid being bullied and attempting suicide I just couldn't watch and was so worried he would have succeeded. I am so happy they didn't do this and to show that they can face their struggles and live their life regardless of the hardships life throws at them. Too many shows focus on the bullies and not enough on the survivors of bullying. Our kids need more of this. It was great to see Kurt do the exercise with him for to look forward to his future. If we can get every child who is bullied to do these type of exercises and teach them not only that bullying is wrong but coping skills throughout life, their world will be a much better place. It is hard for these kids to focus on the future when they get so stuck in the here and now.
The whole Quinn thing- two major issues today...texting. One day SOON I hope they put a chip or something in phones that will not allow a text to go through while in a moving vehicle. It is just so senseless to do this while driving.
Although I already know thanks to spoiler alerts in my US weekly whether or not Quinn survives I hope they focus on this some more as it really is an issue and soooo many of our youth is watching this show.

VWL Mom
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
The kid being bullied and attempting suicide I just couldn't watch and was so worried he would have succeeded. I am so happy they didn't do this and to show that they can face their struggles and live their life regardless of the hardships life throws at them.

I started to just post a reminder that the new season starts tonight so everyone could set their DVR.

I had totally forgotten about that story line. The week before Easter a boy in DS16's class committed suicide. 15 years old, such a travesty. So many tears. DS doesn't want to talk about it, maybe watching the episode will help.

JanetMegan
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Finally watched last week's show (I'm a week behind) and I was just so blah about it. The storyline with Blaine's brother was so hokey and the songs just weren't very good, I actually ended up fast forwarding through most of the episode. I thought the way they handled Quinn's accident was a little corny...I'm quickly, very quickly, losing interest in what used to be my fave show-sniffle.

Kenny1113
04-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Neither the storylines or the characters are doing it for us anymore. We both used to enjoy the show and now me only half heartedly and dbf has really almost gone the other way on it. It tends to sit on the DVR instead of being the first thing we watched. I still like the musical numbers for the most parts but sometimes I feel as if some of the topics/storylines are being shoved down my throat a bit. I'll sort of leave it there.

:ditto:
I usually watch it on my DVR while doing something else (work, surfing Internet, whatever)

SBETigg
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I thought we were going to get a good shakeup with Quinn and get back on track, but no. They are right back to lame story lines and contrived plots, with musical scenes that don't really move me.

MNNHFLTX
04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah, what was with the storyline last night?? Mr. Shue is worried about 3 of the glee club members for lacking direction and they magically find their way, thanks to disco? That was pretty lame. I did like "Boogie Shoes", it was the best song/dance of the show. I think the best that we can hope for are some fresh faces in the cast next year. If it's around next year.