PDA

View Full Version : Long Time WDW Lover, First Time Holiday Trip!! Suggestions...Anyone??

Lovin'ThatMouse
09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I have been lurking here on Intercot for years but this is my very first time to ask a question!:blush:

I have been going to WDW once a year for the past few years and I LOVE IT!! I have received the best tips here while snooping around! :spy:

I just booked my very first Christmas Holiday trip! My best Disney Pal and I are taking a girls only trip! Too fun! What are the must do's when I go in late November/early December???

Thanks in advance!!:rocks:

CosmicRay
09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
First :welcome:, glad to meet you!

Secondly, if you click on the tab near the top labeled "info central" then scroll down, you will see one section titled "Holidays @ Walt Disney World" (the sections are alphabetized).

You will find all the great events Disney has to offer!
- Candlelight Processional -you can also reserve a dining package with reserved seating for this.

- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

- Decorations at all the resorts- we have fun touring around the resorts.

- Epcot has Christmas traditions from around the world presented at each country's pavilion.

- DHS has the Osborne's Light Display. It is a must see!

There's so much more! But it truly is a magical and wonderful time to go! Have a wonderful time!

CosmicRay
09-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh and it's always great to see a fellow Texan :cowgirl::cowboy:

TinkerbellsMom
09-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Highly recommend doing the Candlelight Procession Dinner Package to ensure you get a seat for the show.

Pirate Granny
09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
I agree to the package idea...you will have to wait in line a long, long time if you don't get the package. Call now. I love going to see the de orations. Take time and visit ALL the mods and deluxe...especially the deluxes. What wonderful theming. The MVMCP is great too...snow on main street, hot chocolate and cookies. My favorite time of Disney year. Will miss the CP this year, as we are going too early, but should see most of the other stuff.

BugeyedMuggy
09-19-2011, 09:46 AM
The Epcot resorts have the best decorations of all the resorts. You have to go to the Yacht & Beach club and see the train set & carousel.

BeccaO
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Another vote for visiting as many resorts as you can, the decorations are out of this world, like nothing you have ever seen before!!! Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is something you will want to do, and decide for yourself if you ever go back and want to do it again. We did it last year for the first time and since we have seen it and done it, I honestly don't feel the "need" to do it again, just my opinion. All of the special things in Epcot in each country are really cool too!!! You will enjoy being at WDW during Christmas, it really is fabulous!!!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
1. Candlelight Processional-Quite lovely
2. Resort hop to see decorations-The Grand Floridian-gingerbread house, Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian are my favorite, I also heard Boardwalk is beautiful
3. Osbourne Festival of Lights-DHS

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Another enthusiastic "cry" for resort hopping. You'll be AMAZED at the wonderful theming at all the resorts. My fav holiday ones were GF and AKL.

I think that the Holiday party in MK is WONDERFUL. DH and I did it as our date night while my parents watched my (then only dd) oldest dd. It was soooooo cool.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
The Santa and Mrs. Claus in America at Epcot are the real ones, I'm just saying.....:santa:

Lovin'ThatMouse
09-20-2011, 11:19 PM
All of these suggestions are awesome and just what I expected! I love to hear of your experiences and little holiday "traditions"! Keep them coming!

Mousemates
09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Our top three resorts to visit for decorations.

1. Grand Floridian - swing by there early one evening when either the orchestra or pianist is playing....its beautiful and pure magic. We do this as part of a three resort monorail swing and visit the CR and Poly...but the "Christmas star" of these three is GF by a wide margin.

2. Wilderness Lodge - the lodge theme lends itself perfectly to Christmas holiday season.

3. Animal Kingdom Lodge...the giant lobby is wonderful and the tree there is a must see.

HeadFairyInCharge
10-01-2011, 09:24 PM
HS Osborne Spectacle of Lights at Night Awesome! :santa3:

Grand Floridian - Gingerbread House up by Middle of November 18th or so... beautiful Resort have dinner at Narcoosee's ...

Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party exta cost for ticketed event but really fun night and Parade..
Usually first weekend in December there is the ABC Christmas Day Parade Taping...wild ..extremely crowded but neat to see stage shows and be there for the taping !:santa:

Every Park decorated to the max you will love it.