PDA

View Full Version : restaurant food

waymickey
09-18-2011, 04:22 PM
We were on the dream this August and enjoyed our cruise very much expect the food. We found that all our dinners were pretty much the same.
We decided if when we cruise again we would not eat dinners in the restaurants. We barely ate anything. I had a great dinner one night in the Enchanted garden and we were there the next night. I asked if I could have the same dinner and was told no. :( so I ordered mickey mac of the kids menu.

Any one else have a comment on the food?

Disdude
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
We enjoyed nearly everything we had on all of our cruises.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I found the food to be good on the Disney Cruise. There was a lot of "neat" stuff that DH enjoyed trying, but enough "plain" stuff that I could always find something to eat.

The one night where nothing worked for me, I ordered off the kids menu and was brought a "grown-up" plate of each.

I know some other cruise lines are supposed to have "better" food, but we did fine!

tigmickey
10-11-2011, 10:13 PM
3 DCL down and 1 planned for next June on the Fantasy. I have always been impressed with the food. Always red meat, seafood and veg meal available. No complaints from me!

Jeffybob
10-15-2011, 02:23 PM
We were on the 9/24 sailing of the Magic and found that the food we had in the restaurants with the rotation dining was exceptionally good.

Did not have a bad meal and actually we enjoyed the food in the dining rooms better than what we had a PALO. That is not to say that PALO was bad but since you are paying for the PALO experience you'd like the food to be a cut above but that was not the case this time around. Additionally, this was our 4th DCL sailing as well as our 4th time dining at PALO.

Our Servers were great. We connected with them and vice-versa and that is the important part of the dining experience. Both our Head Server, Ferenc and Asst. Server, Abraham did everything possible to make our time with them exceptional and memorable.

We had the second seating and each night we were one of the last tables to leave the restaurant.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98) :mickey:

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

janebanks
12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I had some great meals on the Disney Dream - every dinner was fantastic. I mostly ordered the vegetarian selections.

My meal at Remy was almost indescribable. Perhaps the best meal I've ever had in my life.