PDA

View Full Version : POFQ v. CB Pool Question

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
We are extending our trip to Disney and arriving a few days early. As of right now I cannot get us into Coronado Springs where we will be staying for the majority of our trip so . . . another moderate it will have to be. Right now we are planning on Caribbean Beach but DH had a slide concern. Can you see the slide entrance if you are in the pool waiting for little swimmers? How is the pool at POFQ? The children must be in our sights at all times so having the slide entrace in view from the bottom of the slide is important. (If it isn't it just makes life a little more difficult, not impossible just more difficult). One of us will be in the pool with the children at all times but the 3 of them love slides and I'm sure will be up and down a zillion times. If we can't see the slide entrance from the pool we will have to place one of us at each location so they never leave our sights. Thank you in advance for your help.

buzznwoodysmom
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
POFQ's pool will definitely be easier to keep an eye on your kids while at the pool and on the slide. The slide there is very tame and much shorter than the ones at CBR. The pool slide is the only thing my DS's, 10 and 8, didn't like about POFQ. They thought the slide was "lame".

CBR has 2 slides at the main pool, plus a pirate ship wet play area with at least a slide or two for the smaller kids. One of the slides at the main pool you can see the kids at all times if you are in the pool waiting for them to slide down. There will be times at the other slide at the main pool when you won't be able to see the kids. For what its worth the pool at CBR is proabably by kids favorite pool. We've been there when they were 9 and 7, and again when they were 10 and 8 and they loved it!

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 02:34 PM
CBR it is then! :thanks: Believe it or not it's not the children who are worried about the pool area being "lame" it's DH! :funny:

buzznwoodysmom
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to add that if I am remembering correctly you can't see the entrance to the slide at CSR. We stayed there once, years ago. It was back in 2007, so my kids were 7 and 5 then, and from what I remember we couldn't see them when they were getting on the slide. At that age we were always in the pool with them waiting for them at the bottom of the slide, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't see them for a tiny bit while they were getting on the slide.

How old are your kids? I would say if they are young the pool at POFQ would be perfect for them. Like I said before, my boys didn't love that pool, but I remember thinking it was a great pool for younger kids and a very easy pool for parents to watch their children. On the other hand the pirate ship wet play area next to the main pool at CBR is also great for little ones. I don't think you can go wrong with either one!