PDA

View Full Version : Coronada vs Caribbean Beach

pluto 77
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
To make a long story short, we are DVC owners but have been on a wait list for months and our trip is fast approaching. It seems like the wait list may not come through. The only resorts available in the Disney Collection are Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. I am looking for pros and cons of each resort and which one is preferred. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :mickey:

Mousemates
09-16-2011, 11:09 PM
between those two I would pick coronado springs with its "nearly deluxe" amenities. our only real issue with the resort was a bad experience at the Pepper Market, but others seem to think its great. The only thing that would make us go with CB would be if we had kids who were "all about pirates" which might move us to do one of the pirate rooms.

johnO
09-16-2011, 11:33 PM
We absolutely loved our stay at CSR! Beautiful grounds, great bus service, Pepper market!

gratuspater
09-17-2011, 02:05 PM
We've never stayed at cbr but it is my understanding that it is a very large resort, with its own bus, just to get around the resort. So possibly alot of walking. We did stay at CS and it is also large but not so much to have its own resort bus, (at least to my knowledge). It was a very pretty resort but our room was near the back, so it was a little trek to the main building, if we were eating there. Only ate ate the pepper market, it was ok, lots of choices. If I remember right they always add the tip to your bill. We did get pretty lucky, as our room was very close to one of the bus stops. I wouldn't mind staying there again, I would just ask for a room closer to the main building.:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
09-17-2011, 02:29 PM
We loved our recent stay at CSR. I have been (slowly) working on my report from my early September trip. I'm not sure how it compares to CBR, size wise, but CSR is quite large. We were in one of the further away rooms from the main lobby but were a very short walk away from the second bus stop. Bus service was good during our stay. I think that both resorts have been recently upgraded.

LVT
09-18-2011, 09:09 AM
We tried CSR in June and enjoyed it. We liked the beds, food and gardens. We were by bus stop 2. It is the first stop. We were at #1 once and it was a zoo, being the last and most crowded stop.
It did seem large, but we are used to POP and it was not much different.
I have not stayed at a delux, CSR seemed splendid to me after POP.

pluto 77
09-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Thank you for all the help. We have decided on CSR! Looks like it is hands down the better choice according to all replies.

KAT1811
09-18-2011, 02:38 PM
We absolutely loved our stay at CSR! Beautiful grounds, great bus service, Pepper market!

:ditto: We are staying at CSR for 2 weeks in November. Hands down one of my favorite resorts. Second only to OKW.

Thank you for all the help. We have decided on CSR! Looks like it is hands down the better choice according to all replies.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!! :mickey:

johnO
09-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Youll love it! We cant wait to get back! economy is hitting us hard this year.

darthmacho
09-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm partial to CSR, but you may find it a letdown if you're used to deluxe and dvc accommodations. Just keep and open mind, enjoy the theming, and know you are in WDW. :mickey:

Diznee4Me
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
The DW, DD,and I love Coronado. Stayed there seven years in a row and will be back for a couple of nights next month. Beautiful resort.

MrPeetrie
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Both are great resorts! Can't really go wrong with either.

We will actually be staying at Caribbean Beach in three weeks. (Sooo excited. Pirate-themed room. DS2 will go NUTS!)

I think Coronado Springs has a slight edge in that it is a tad smaller, and thus a little easier to navigate. It also has a high-end restaurant (Maya Grill), which has some fabulous cuisine. I also like it's pool design a bit more than at CBR.

If Coronado Springs has a drawback it's that it also has a Convention Center. People running around conducting business can quickly remove you from your Disney-induced stupor. I know it bothered me.

KAT1811
09-21-2011, 10:35 PM
If Coronado Springs has a drawback it's that it also has a Convention Center. People running around conducting business can quickly remove you from your Disney-induced stupor. I know it bothered me.

Funny you say that. I have heard others say the same thing but I think that is one of the biggest reasons I love Coronado. The convention goers tend to not use the resorts best amenities since they are tied up in conventions and dinners. I never have trouble finding a spot at the pool, rarely, if ever, have to stand on a bus and most of the time we can get into Maya Grill last minute. Not to mention we have met so many interesting people on our "night out" at the resort. (We travel with my parents and we switch off from time to time for a "night out" sometimes it's boys night out sometimes it's girls night out and other times it's a couples night. Either way there is always something fun going on.