PDA

View Full Version : Early November weather

tinksmom02
09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey gang! Just sent in our final payment :cloud9: and now we're in serious planning mode! I'm having an information session with my bro & sis-in-law next weekend to go over the basic stuff they need to know.

What I'm not sure about is weather. I see that historical temps are really all over the place for the first week of November, and I was hoping someone could put it into layman's terms for me. I've been there in mid-October (hot), Sept (hot and humid) and last Dec (freezing cold!). Realistically, what should we pack? Capris and shorts? Pants? Can we get by wearing sweatshirts at night or should we bring coats? And, if the weather will be warm, is it "we still need sunscreen" warm? Should we pack swimsuits? Is humidity still an issue--do I need to worry about rainstorms?

As always, I appreciate your help!

Unlimitedfun
09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Same question for me...we're going Nov. 12 - 19th.....wondering what to pack! POFQ for us!!!

mrsgaribaldi
09-16-2011, 10:57 PM
I always bring a little of everything. It's often hot in the day and then cool at night. I've been there and it's been very cold at night and it can be very, very warm in the day. We go for Dh's birthday every year 11/11. We come from New York so I bring my jacket with me with removal lining so I can use it in Florida. Bring some shorts and tees, sweatshirts and jeans too. :mickey:

Twinsowner
09-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Stepahine is correct.. We have been several times in early November and you have to bring a little of both. Last time I was able to wear shorts primarily but the year before we had thermal underwear and earmuffs. But otherwise it is a fantastic month! Hello Stephanie!

alansteve548
09-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Yes November whether is different. It is very cool at the night time and very hot at the day time, be prepared with that whether.

tinksmom02
09-17-2011, 07:49 AM
I always bring a little of everything. It's often hot in the day and then cool at night. I've been there and it's been very cold at night and it can be very, very warm in the day. We go for Dh's birthday every year 11/11. We come from New York so I bring my jacket with me with removal lining so I can use it in Florida. Bring some shorts and tees, sweatshirts and jeans too. :mickey:

While I absolutely appreciate your input, I have to say UGH at the packing nightmare this will be LOL Last December (first week), it was so unexpectedly cold that I had to buy myself a hat and gloves, and scarves for me & DD...we come from NJ so we left the cold, but I didn't anticipate it would be AS cold as it'd been here!

It's so much easier (read: lighter!) to pack when you're heading to hot temps!

Thanks, though!

Strmchsr
09-17-2011, 08:09 AM
It's impossible to say what the weather will be. It could be anything. As noted, November temps are all over the place. June-September I can pretty much tell you what to expect every single day. And with limits on baggage you don't want to pack everything. So, keep an eye on the weather forecast thread in this forum. I do the forecast 16 days out (as far as the models go). Once we get to that point you'll have a good idea of what to expect in terms of temps, but you can't plan for November weather more than a week or two in advance.

tinksmom02
09-17-2011, 08:56 AM
It's impossible to say what the weather will be. It could be anything. As noted, November temps are all over the place. June-September I can pretty much tell you what to expect every single day. And with limits on baggage you don't want to pack everything. So, keep an eye on the weather forecast thread in this forum. I do the forecast 16 days out (as far as the models go). Once we get to that point you'll have a good idea of what to expect in terms of temps, but you can't plan for November weather more than a week or two in advance.

Oh, believe me I'll be watching your forecasts VERY closely, Chris! You have not once steered us wrong when it comes to weather in Orlando, and your posts are greatly appreciated! :mickey:

eam
09-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh, believe me I'll be watching your forecasts VERY closely, Chris! You have not once steered us wrong when it comes to weather in Orlando, and your posts are greatly appreciated! :mickey:

Ditto!! Chris' reports are part of my trip countdown. I always look forward to the day when my arrival date is part of his forecast. Thanks for the great work, Chris!

andypooh
09-17-2011, 09:36 AM
We have made 4 trips in early november and the weather luckily has always been very nice. Highs usually within a few degrees of 80. Usually shorts and a sweatshirt have been ok for me at night, but there definitely could be days where pants are needed. 50s at night are not out of the question. Definitely checking the forecast right before u leave will be helpful. I bring mostly summer clothes with just a few things for the cooler evenings. it is a great time of the year to go. Have never had humidity issues (but still warm enough to do water rides) and always minimal to no rain.

NJGIRL
09-17-2011, 05:11 PM
We went the first week in November last year and it was cold during the day. Having been so many times the end of Oct with hot temperatures, we did not pack properly for the cold November days. We had to buy jackets and sweats at Disney andi it cost us a small fortune. :(

tinksmom02
09-17-2011, 08:47 PM
We went the first week in November last year and it was cold during the day. Having been so many times the end of Oct with hot temperatures, we did not pack properly for the cold November days. We had to buy jackets and sweats at Disney andi it cost us a small fortune. :(

Thanks for this, I'd like to avoid these costs. There are so many other ways I'd like to spend my money :marg::beer: ;) LOL