PDA

View Full Version : Trail's End Restaurant

DNS
09-16-2011, 05:47 PM
I am so glad to see that people staying at the campground can now get a sandwich or salad for lunch instead of the full buffet. :thumbsup:

faline
09-21-2011, 08:05 AM
That is good to hear. When I first started camping at Fort Wilderness, the buffet was there but was priced "per item". You went through the line, picked what you wanted, and were charged based on what you had (similar to the food courts in most of the resorts). Later, they went to the one price for whatever you ate. However, at one point, you could go to the store and they had a take out window - you could get a sandwich or a couple of pieces of fried chicken for a reasonable price. That didn't last very long and I've always missed that option.

CosmicRay
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
That is very good to know! We stayed at FW last year and were disappointed that they didn't have a QS option like you are telling us about.:thumbsup:

Not2Loud
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Glad they added this option!

CU Tiger
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
This is good news! I miss the Crocket's tavern having a good menue.:mickey:

jdpip
10-05-2011, 04:29 PM
That IS good news! Not a fan of their buffet. :ack:

mickey98
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Don't get too excited, visited first week of November, not at all impressed with selection offered... maybe it will get better..

Buttercup
12-26-2011, 10:34 PM
A guy that I follow on Twitter, who visits WDW and DL many, many times a year and is somewhat of a Disney Uber-Smarty-Pants has been talking a lot lately about his most recent experience with Trails End. He said the buffet items have been changed, and was REALLY surprised at how good it is now. Mentioned something about a "build your own baked potato" area as well.
I never thought the buffet was that bad actually, but apparently it's gotten better. :thumbsup:
And yeah, I'm glad to hear there's a QS option now too! :number1:

faline
12-27-2011, 08:09 AM
This is good news! I miss the Crocket's tavern having a good menue.:mickey:

We would go out of our way to dine at Crockett's Tavern when it was a full service restaurant! I was very sorry when they changed the format of this venue!!