PDA

View Full Version : Dining Question

BeccaO
09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Where do we request to be seated at a table by ourselves for our dinner seating? The last time the 4 of us were seated at a table with a family that did not speak ANY english. It was very awkward for every meal and I don't really want to go through that again and have to worry about it while on vacation.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I think it depends on the restaurant how you are seated. If you go to Biergarten or Teppon Edo you are usually seated with other people due to the type of restaurant. I don't know if they have tables for single families.

cer
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I have never been on a cruise. I can only imagine how awkward that would have been. Over and over and over... yikes.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
I've always wondered how they decide who shares a table, and who gets their own.

You can make the request before sailing by contacting Disney, or through your TA if you booked through one.

Once on the ship though, you aren't stuck. You can ask the head server to move you if it isn't working out. We had a table next to us that REALLY didn't like each other. After the first dinner, they were split for the rest of their meals.

I'm sorry it was a rotten experience ... I can only imagine how uncomfortable it was.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Oops I need to pay better attention today, didn't realize I was on the cruise line discussion sorry:(

terri110874
09-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I requested single family seating on our last cruise. We did requested when we booked however, it was not a promise that I would get it. The 1st sitting we were with another family (nice family with kids about the same age as my son). I went to the host (head guy cant think of what they call them) and asked to be seated just us. This was a request due to my sons medical issues . I explained the reason why I needed a table and was given a table with just us. My best suggestion is request it and when you do get there ask the host.

waymickey
09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
We requested a single table on both our cruises due to my DD allergies. She is allergic to shellfish and fish and nuts. Her food was even brought out to the table seperately from others. However the single family tables are often pushed to the back of the restaurants and each night of our cruise we were seated right by the kitchen. It really took away from the atmosphere of the resturant.

Imalismom
09-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I'd like to echo the fact that you can indeed ask to be moved to another table, and they will move you. Other than that, you can make the request on your actually reservation, or also request it as soon as you are onboard the ship.

You might want to try once again to sit with another family and after the first night if you need to request the move.

On one of my DCL cruises when my DD was 12 (she is now 18), we sat with a family that became a very good friendship - we have cruised together one other time since that cruise, and even visited WDW together, and have an upcoming cruise next summer together. I know that does not happen often, but you never know what is meant to cross your path of life.

Disdude
09-18-2011, 11:55 AM
They will have some place set up to make that request once you board the ship. The navigator that you receive before boarding will tell you where you can make dining changes once on board. On our Dream cruise in February we were the first ones there and were able to get setup easily.

We did have to switch to the later dining to make it happen though. We much prefer to be by ourselves and plan to do it again on our upcoming trip if possible. I know that some enjoy meeting new people but our first DCL trip was awkward. We were seated with two other couples. They were nice but we found ourselves dreading going to dinner. I'm not a fan of forced small talk and to tell the truth, I go on vacation to get closer to my family, not other's families. To each his or her own.