PDA

View Full Version : Late October weather?

Joannelet
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I am in the process of thinking about packing for our last week in October trip. I don't know how to pack for it. I am also concerned with evening temps since one of the nights is the MNSSHP and want to know if the temps get lower at night with my 2 year old etc. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like at that time in Oct? I was on the college program during that time years ago but don't remember what it was like. Is it rainy then too? Any info would be appreciated!

tdk316
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
We were there last year at that time and will be again this year. It gets to the low-80s some days and down into the mid-50s some nights. For MNSSHP I had a blanket for the stroller for the ride home and they were dressed in pants and a long-sleeve tee, but didn't need a jacket that night. We were all fine with shorts, tee and jacket in the mornings and evenings, and just shorts and tees during the day. That being said, we're from Michigan so we're used to cooler temps. We brought pants but only wore them on MNSSHP night and for the plane home. It didn't rain the week we were there last year, but it rained the whole week before and after. So, if you're going the same week we are, you have a shot of it not raining! :D Hope that helps!

clausjo
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
The weather in FL in October is pretty much up in the air. You can have cooler temps in the evenings, or it can still be hot and humid. Generally the rains aren't too bad, but we've had many years where we've had complete downpours at the party. I would recommend checking the weather closer to when you're leaving to be safe.

Strmchsr
09-15-2011, 04:17 PM
As stated, late October begins the real transition time for WDW so the weather can be a bit unsettled, though it's generally okay. You can look a the historic weather page in Info Central for exact conditions on your dates from previous years. That said, knowing how to pack for this year is impossible. Check the weather forecast thread and I'll keep you posted as the time draws near.

mydisneygirls
09-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Most of our trips in the past have been the last week of October. We always had great weather...some days got a bit hot during the day (so much so that we headed to the pool) and the nights were pleasant. It's a great time to go weather wise! We're headed there on Saturday...I hope we have good weather!!! :D

alaMode
09-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Last year the weather was beautiful! Warm enough to really enjoy the pool-lower humidity to really enjoy the parks-and just cool enough to feel like Fall in FL at night! No rain-I don't even remember seeing any clouds!

We'll be back again this year-I'm hoping to repeat the great experience!

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
We were there last year at that time and will be again this year. It gets to the low-80s some days and down into the mid-50s some nights. For MNSSHP I had a blanket for the stroller for the ride home and they were dressed in pants and a long-sleeve tee, but didn't need a jacket that night. We were all fine with shorts, tee and jacket in the mornings and evenings, and just shorts and tees during the day. That being said, we're from Michigan so we're used to cooler temps. We brought pants but only wore them on MNSSHP night and for the plane home. It didn't rain the week we were there last year, but it rained the whole week before and after. So, if you're going the same week we are, you have a shot of it not raining! :D Hope that helps!

This exactly!!! Even the part about being from Michigan!!! :thumbsup:

bring easy layers for the 2 year old. We go the 3rd week in October and the past 2 years has been a HEAT WAVE! both years were in he 90's! We just never know until StrmChsr tells us about a week before we leave! We watch his reports VERY CLOSELY - especially since we drive down from MI.

NJGIRL
09-16-2011, 05:36 PM
In all the years we have gone the last two weeks in October there has been no rain (knock on wood), morning temps are cool but if you can hang in there day temps are usually high 70's to low 80's great for swimming, night temps are sometimes warm but usually a little chilly. Pack light jackets for everyone.

Joannelet
09-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you! This is a huge help!! A lot of us are going and all different ages. Trying to plan ahead :) I also dislike packing a million different types of clothes.

alansteve548
09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
There is no big difference in October month end and November the whether is fully different. It is very cool at the night time and very hot at the day time, be prepared with that whether.