PDA

View Full Version : Any reports yet from MNSSHP?

Dyanna
09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I know the 1st day of this event has passed & wondering what characters are there & ones that have not appeared as well as what changes if any have been made.

Mfarquar
09-17-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm also curious to see the answers to the questions of the OP!

I was also wondering if anyone had used the MNSSHP ticket to get into the MK early. In the past, they let you around 4pm or a little later. I'm wondering if this is a practice once again this year.

My aunt is thinking of going the week after next, but will not have a park ticket that day. I'd love to be able to tell her if she is able to enter MK sometime around 4 or 5pm instead of 7pm (then she could get some quick service dinner, etc.).

BigRedDad
09-17-2011, 09:53 AM
I have read confirmation from others that you can still get into MK at 4PM with a MNSSHP ticket. That is pretty much confirmed. I have not heard of any other details.

badkitty
09-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Nobody has done MNSSHP yet this year? I'll be there Oct 2. Woo hoo!

Mfarquar
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Nice to hear people have heard "yes" to entering at 4pm.

Can't wait until a fellow Intercotee has a MNSSHP report for 2011! :)

joanna71985
09-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't know when I will be doing MNSSHP yet, as I'm basing it on my work schedule. Hopefully soon!

eam
09-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm also curious to see the answers to the questions of the OP!

I was also wondering if anyone had used the MNSSHP ticket to get into the MK early. In the past, they let you around 4pm or a little later. I'm wondering if this is a practice once again this year.

:woohoo: Woo-hoo! Another sign Fall is here. Let them in early, or kick them out, they don't have a wristband on. Love these discussions. Next up - the dreaded jorts, which I wear almost every day while there.:haha:

Mfarquar
09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Whoa, not looking to start a debate...

Just looking to see if my aunt and uncle can eat in the park first at a quick service before the party starts. They had a windfall of good fortune and were able to plan a last minute trip. They missed the boat on sit-down reservations because of the free dining promotion. They won't be at MK that day but would like to eat at the park if at all possible, but not waste precious party time...

WDW&MK
09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I just got back from the World. I was at the 9/13 MNSSHP. Just me and DH, so I can't say what characters were there as we did not wait in line for any pics. Fireworks and the parade were fantastic as usual. Candy was better this year than last (seems like more variety as well as many known brands - m&m, skittles etc.).

Yes!! You can enter the park at 4pm. We were there by 5 or 6 for a CS dinner.

Have fun!!! We had a blast :party::thumbsup:

eam
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Whoa, not looking to start a debate...QUOTE]

No, I'm sorry, it was not meant to be a debate. I love Intercot, and love reading all of people's thoughts and opinions, and this one always seems to get people going. I hope your Aunt and Uncle have a wonderful time.

Mfarquar
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks, WDW&MK! It's great to have an Intercotee's "official" confirmation that they've been able to get into the park for a CS early!

Glad to hear the parade, fireworks and candy were great!

I will pass this on to my aunt and uncle!

:)

crltkcagle
09-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Just got home from the world :-( and we went to mnsshp on 9/13. The villains that were at the mix and mingle were: malificient , evil queen, cruella de ville, queen of hearts, guy from princess and the frog (sorry the 11 hour drive has me sleepy) and two others I can't recall right now. The seven dwarfs were all out in frontierland but the line was extremely long. Woody, Jesse and bullseye were at a dance party in diamond horsehoe while stitch, goofy and Pluto danced in tomorrowland. Jane Tarzan and the girl monkey were in adventureland and jack sparrow was out by poc. Donald and daisy were also out in adventurland close to aloha island. Duffy bear debuted his Halloween costume at city hall. There was also a lady out infront of haunted mansion. You couldn't take a pic with her but she was quite amusing. Again the name slips my mind but it is her ball that is going on in Hm. That is all the characters I can recall off the top of my tired brain for now. It was a lot of fun and well worth the extra money!

Mfarquar
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks, crltkcagle! That's all great to know!

Hope you get some rest after your long trip!

crltkcagle
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Your welcome! Frollo, and Captain Hook were the other two villains that I left out. The show is lead by Dr. Facilier and not Malificient this year. There were 4 shows total and in order to meet all the villains you would have to make all four shows and stand right in front of the stage. Otherwise you will not get to meet them. There was not a real line and it was like a free for all trying to get to the villains. The show times are 7:45, 8:50, 10:05, and 11:15. Hades, Jafar and Ursula were not around at all this year. Lotso Bear was standing on the bridge by the castle to Liberty Square.
We did get in line to have our picture taken with Cinderella's coach and Prince Charming and the Godmother but by the time we got up there the characters were gone so we took the picture with the coach. I was disappointed with it because it was lite up beautifully and apparently the photopass photographer didn't use the correct setting oh his camera. In the picture it is not lite up at all and it looks really bad. So you may want to bypass this line. I will also tell you if you really want to meet the seven dwarfs get their early to get a place in line. They are located in between splash and thunder mountains back by the bathrooms. We went to this line 4 different times and it was always a 45-60 minute wait. The CM kept telling us to try later to see if it was shorter and it never was. We missed the opportunity to take our picture with them. The party is only 5 hours long and we didn't want to waste an entire hour standing in line for the 7 dwarfs picture. We did get our picture taken with the hitchhiking ghosts in Liberty Square right by the Liberty Belle boat. We also did the picture in front of the HM with the ghost driving the carriage.

The parade was a little different as well. It was still very good but they made a few changes. The first was at 8:15 and the second was at 10:30. We did notice that the "ghosts" in the HM portion actually show up as ghosts in our pictures! That must be some amazing makeup they put on those CMs!

The fireworks were great as usual and began at 9:30. the Trick or treating was good too. The spots are located in tomorrowland by stitch , CoP , Space Mountain and the speedway. Then by Pinocchio Village Haus and Its a Small World in Fantasyland. By the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square and in the queue at Splash Mountain in Frontierland. The last two are by PoC and Jungle Cruise in Adventureland.

I also want to note that the wristbands were not given out at the front of the park. We entered at 7 pm and they directed us to tomorrowland to get our wristbands. It was madness because when they ran our tickets it said we had already been granted to access. We had to explain that we entered the front gate with our tickets but were directed to the back to get wristbands.

Another thing to note is that the MK was empty most of the day. I guess since it closed early for the party many people went to other parks. There was never more than a 10-15 minute wait for any ride in this park the entire day! I took a picture of the space mountain queue to prove that it was empty! You could walk right on it all day long! So I would suggest going to this park on the day of MNSSHP because most people avoid it. That is all I have to report on MNSSHP for now. :blackcat::mpumpkin::pumpkin::ghost::frank::witch: :bat:

Dyanna
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Was the photo op with the 7 dwarfs a pict with each individual one all all as a group?

crltkcagle
09-19-2011, 06:59 PM
It was done as a group shot. I was able to take a picture of just the dwarves in between people taking pictures. If I can figure out how to do it I will post it on here.

Aurora
09-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Another thing to note is that the MK was empty most of the day. I guess since it closed early for the party many people went to other parks. There was never more than a 10-15 minute wait for any ride in this park the entire day! I took a picture of the space mountain queue to prove that it was empty! You could walk right on it all day long! So I would suggest going to this park on the day of MNSSHP because most people avoid it.:blackcat::mpumpkin::pumpkin::ghost::frank::wit ch::bat:

I have read this as well -- that when MK is having an evening party on a Tuesday, daytime crowds are very low.

K8screen
09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
We did notice that the "ghosts" in the HM portion actually show up as ghosts in our pictures! That must be some amazing makeup they put on those CMs!

now. :blackcat::mpumpkin::pumpkin::ghost::frank::witch: :bat:

You mean they dont use REAL ghosts!!!????
:D

nfrustaci
09-20-2011, 11:06 AM
You mean they dont use REAL ghosts!!!????
:D

as far as I know they are REAL !!!! and Really Scary