PDA

View Full Version : Only one day @ MK, must take taxi! Yikes!

Disney OB RN
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
This Disney gal is headed to Orlando in 8 days for a convention @ the World Marriott, which does not offer shuttle, books Mears (only departs in a.m.--not a go for convention requirements), & so their concierge told me I must take a Mears taxi to any park, round trip aroung $40-50.00:ill:And then, I'll get to MK for 4P-9P, on an extra magic morning day:confused:. Doesn't look good, does it? But I HAVE TO GO!!!! Any words of wisdom for crowds Sept. 22?

Niecyboo
09-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I stayed at this resort last January when my husband had a convention, and you will love it! It has an amazing pool, and if you are facing in the right direction, you can see Wishes and parts of Illuminations from your window (if you are there more than the one night at MK). We had a car so I never had to price transportation, but I am surprised a taxi would be that much. You are really quite close to Downtown Disney. We could see the buildings from our balcony as well.

Disney OB RN
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the positive words....the concierge quoted 18-25 dollars one way for Disney, & 35 each way if we wanted to go to Universal. If we were close enough to walk to Downtown Disney, I would hop the Disney trans that way, but I don't think it is doable:confused:. I am still going to savor every moment I have at MK!!!!

snuggs30
09-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Can you rent a car? ;)

Disney OB RN
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
They have Hertz on site, but then would have to pay hefty daily parking fees at the resort. We are there for 4 nights, & plan to take one day for MK, than one day to Universal for WWHP. With two of us to split the cab fare, it was cheaper that way.:( Will do whatever it takes to get to the park when I can while there!

diz_girl
09-16-2011, 12:12 PM
The LYNX (the Central Florida bus system) runs a route (Route 304) that stops at your hotel and takes you to DTD. a standard fare is $2. You can then get a bus to the MK from there. The afternoon stop to DTD is at your hotel shortly before 4 (actually 3:41 p.m.), but it doesn't run when you want to return.

To save some $, your best bet is to take a WDW bus from MK to DTD and then take a taxi from DTD back to your hotel, since it is close. The taxi should get you from DTD to your hotel in about ten minutes and shouldn't cost more than $10, as it is fewer than five miles away. It's just on the other side of I-4. If you miss the LYNX bus in the afternoon, then just take a taxi to DTD, then hop a MK bus from there.

If you take the LYNX to DTD and then a taxi back from DTD, you shouldn't spend more than $10 for you if you split the cab fare, but it's better than $40-50.

faline
09-16-2011, 04:57 PM
To save some $, your best bet is to take a WDW bus from MK to DTD and then take a taxi from DTD back to your hotel, since it is close. The taxi should get you from DTD to your hotel in about ten minutes and shouldn't cost more than $10, as it is fewer than five miles away. It's just on the other side of I-4. If you miss the LYNX bus in the afternoon, then just take a taxi to DTD, then hop a MK bus from there.

There are no busses that run to or from the Magic Kingdom to Downtown Disney. In fact, busses from Downtown Disney run only to resorts and do not run to or from any of the four theme parks. To go between Downtown Disney and a park, one would first need to take a bus to a resort and transfer at a resort to a Downtown Disney bus or to a park bus.

Disney OB RN
09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the latest posts/information....:thumbsup:What to do!!??!! (need some pixie dust!)

Disney OB RN
09-17-2011, 10:07 PM
One more question......(sorry!) Where do the cab services drop you off at MK? I've never noticed before. Will they take you directly to MK or to the TTC?:confused::-o

LVT
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
2010 route includes DTD and TTC.
BUS 111 goes by each 30 minutes until around 10:30 pm. Name of route includes Disney.
I suggest you look up Orlando Fl lynx bus routes and times to verify it still exists and has a stop near your Hotel. It was an airport/Disney route
and should include some hotels.

faline
09-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Only Disney busses go directly to the Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure where the cab stand area is but I would suspect it's somewhere in the Ticket & Transportation Center area.

Disney OB RN
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks to you both for the info!

Main Street Jim
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
To try and clarify:

Walt Disney World buses:

To/from a resort to:
Typhoon Lagoon/Downtown Disney
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
EPCOT
Hollywood Studios
Blizzard Beach/?

To/from theme parks:
All WDW Resorts
Shades of Green

To/from Ticket and Transportation Center:
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom

If you can get to Downtown Disney fairly early, catch a WDW bus from there to the Contemporary. You can then walk right to the front gate of Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. When you leave MK, take the resort monorail around to the Grand Floridian. Then a WDW bus back to Downtown Disney (I believe the DtD buses run until midnight or later). Then taxi back to the Marriott.

Disney OB RN
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a plan.......:mickey:

Disney OB RN
09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Well, friends, here is how I ended up: I took the Mears shuttle to the TTC because it had been raining every day, & didn't want to saturate at DD waiting for transfer. So it was $18 round trip. Much better than taxi to Universal, $70 round trip (split by 2). I would report that if staying off site at the World Orlando Marriott, do not use the black town cars Mears keep outside---we were told they were only a couple of dollars higher, & were so much nicer...well on the way from Universal, we took a yellow cab that was also Mears, and the same distance was almost 10 dollars CHEAPER!!! Went to MK on Saturday, lines were very doable. Had a great time. Finally saw the large groups of Brazilians I've always heard on the blogs, but there were no problems!:mickey:While waiting for the shuttle pickup at the TTC at park closing, I saw the Lynx come by & lots of people accessing it. Thanks to all the helpful tips given to me. I'm ready to go back, but stay on site!